Reload this Page >

Advice for a newbie please

Advice for a newbie please

Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

charlie999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for a newbie please

Hi all

Been reading up on some of the posts in the last couple of days and would really be grateful for a little advice regarding emigrating with my familiy.

Here is the situation:-
My husband has an ozzie passport moved back to UK when he was 18 months so been here most of his life. Anyway we have familiy in NSW (just returned a couple of weeks ago) and we have deceided to take the plunge and look into moving out. We have no problems with getting out there (husband will have to sponsor myself, and 2 children) apart form the fact that my daughter was to a previous relationship. She is 10 now and hasn't seen her father for approx 6 years (he didn't want contact), however we have been advised that we need to get a court order to get her out of the country.

My question is can I apply for the court order without going through the solicitors (who are quoting £600-£1000 if they can't locate the bio dad) or £3000 if they find him and he denies (which he would almost certainly do out of spite). Also just to clarify would it be the C1 form and the orders required prohibited steps and specific issue order. I realise I may be in over my head a little but just thought if it was not that complicated We could do it ourselves instead using solicitors.

I am also assuming that the court will need to see evidence that I have tried to contact the bio and wonder what they will accept. I know the area he previously lived in and the company he last worked for (but they have closed down).

We never married but his name is on the birth certificate so I don't think he would be classed as having PR due to the act that came into force in 2003. I did mention this to the solicitor I saw but they said that did not matter and I would still need the court order.

Any advice/help would be gratefully received.
Thank you in advance
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:14 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for a newbie please

I would re-post this on the Immigration forum

Welcome to BE btw
Old Feb 6th 2008, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

charlie999 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice for a newbie please

Thank you

I'll do that now