Reload this Page >

Advice needing re packing

Advice needing re packing

Old Oct 30th 2003, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needing re packing

Hi

We have Anglo Pacific doing our packing for us on Monday.

However, we need to list items and value for insurance.

A lot of our stuff is books, photos, endless cuddly toys etc.
Does anyone have experience of this? If we put approx 200 books, 3 boxes personal papers etc, will this suffice? As most of these items don't have value, in that, cash would not replace them.

I am going mad..and will go madder still if I have to literally list each hairclip, paperback or item of underwear.

Helppppppppp............

LissyP

Advice to anyone going in a couple of months...'start sorting and dejunking your house/life NOW. :scared:
Old Oct 30th 2003, 4:02 pm
Bubble blowing member

ohsohopeful is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice needing re packing

Hi Lissy
You are being asked to list the items you wish to insure - i.e. the ones that have monetary value to you and that you wish to pay insurance for. Don't list the stuff that doesn't need to be insured or that you don't want money for if it's lost.

They will list each individual box as they pack so you will have a complete inventory of everything when they leave. The insurance form is just for stuff that should be insured.

We listed our 4 vinyl record cases and put a value on them but with most of our other stuff, i.e. small kitchen stuff, books etc we didn't list it on the insurance form.

Hope this helps and best of luck.
Old Oct 30th 2003, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

This is a useful thread and I have been thinking about this myself.

Thanks for clearing it up. We are not going to insure ours for much, taking a chance on it all getting there safetly.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 6:44 am
Just Joined

LissyP is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies - I was soooooooo relieved to read this. Otherwise I would need about a month just to prepare the list.

Thank you & good luck

LissyP
Old Oct 31st 2003, 6:51 am
owieb

Originally posted by tinaj
Thanks for clearing it up. We are not going to insure ours for much, taking a chance on it all getting there safetly.
This is how our airfreight turned up! I'm glad we insured it as we had about £500 worth of damage!
Attached Thumbnails Advice needing re packing-airfreight.jpg