Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on Shipping pls.....

Advice needed on Shipping pls.....

Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Miss G is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed on Shipping pls.....

Anybody have a rough Idea of cost of shipping? I only have cot, toys, clothes, tools and few personal Items?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Barbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to allBarbarella is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice needed on Shipping pls.....

Go to John Mason website. You can list your items and it will do an instant quote for you.

HTH

Barb

Last edited by Barbarella; Jun 9th 2009 at 3:23 am.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

msn81 is an unknown quantity at this point

I shipped my items with a company called Voovit. ( www.voovit.com ). They supply you with boxes sized 56.5cm X 42.5cm X 36.0cm (about the size of a large microwave) max 30KG per box. Costs £20 per box to the major costal cities in Australia. Took about 7 weeks to arrive (up to 2 months) and you need to pay around $200 to get them through customs and quarantine this end (+ do all the paperwork yourself).

A great 'no-frills' budget option if you're not shipping any big items and have time / effort to do everything yourself. Everything is done online also, which was pretty straight forward.

Hope this helps.
Mark
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

TandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant futureTandC23 has a brilliant future

Ive just booked with www.freedomshipping.com which are a similar outfit to voovit. No frills and the cheapest I found. Recommended on a number of threads on here.

I was quoted for 7 book boxes, 7 t-chest size boxes, a computer screen and base and 2 rucksacks, came to just under £500. There is also a charge of $165 when they arrive in oz.

You can get quotes online and then ring the freephone number when your ready to make a booking!

Last edited by TandC23; Jun 9th 2009 at 8:46 am. Reason: typo