Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on selling a car in Qld

Advice needed on selling a car in Qld

Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough
Red face Advice needed on selling a car in Qld

For all those who have been here a few years.

I am thinking about selling my X-Trail, I only use it for the school run as we have a company car with free petrol - so its ended up as expensive garage clutter ! What are the pitfalls, just thinking of the usual Aussie advert (in the back window) but what about my rego and third party insurance if I sell - do I get a refund on the insurance ? Can I transfer it to my new runabout ? Can you get a credit back on your comphrensive insurance (currently with Suncorp).

Any advice gratefully received, then I can decide what I am doing !!

SD.
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Default Re: Advice needed on selling a car in Qld

Originally Posted by surfdude

I am thinking about selling my X-Trail, I only use it for the school run as we have a company car with free petrol - so its ended up as expensive garage clutter ! What are the pitfalls, just thinking of the usual Aussie advert (in the back window) but what about my rego and third party insurance if I sell - do I get a refund on the insurance ? Can I transfer it to my new runabout ? Can you get a credit back on your comphrensive insurance (currently with Suncorp).

SD.
Rego and CTP go with the car. No refunds.

Your comp insurance should allow a refund, if you don't transfer it to another car, but I would ring them and check first, and see what any cancellation fees are.

Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:32 pm
Absinthe Minded

Del Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to beholdDel Boy is a splendid one to behold

SD.
If you go for the advert in the back window, you must have the safety cert displayed, they've been cracking down on that on the sunny coast
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

surfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the roughsurfdude is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Del Boy
If you go for the advert in the back window, you must have the safety cert displayed, they've been cracking down on that on the sunny coast

Even if its 11 months old ?
Old Apr 18th 2005, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Rego and CTP go with the car. No refunds.

Your comp insurance should allow a refund, if you don't transfer it to another car, but I would ring them and check first, and see what any cancellation fees are.

Thanks, knew I could rely on you. Thats a pain my rego and CTP are due end of month (coming up to 1 yr old) ! Still, great feedback will way up the pros and cons now !
Old Apr 19th 2005, 12:17 am
Forum Regular

wafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nicewafoo1 is just really nice

Thanks, knew I could rely on you. Thats a pain my rego and CTP are due end of month (coming up to 1 yr old) ! Still, great feedback will way up the pros and cons now !
On the same sort of thread,I'm selling my 92 Falcon in Victoria,I heard if you sell it for under $3000 you don't need to roadworthy it and if it's over $3000 you do,and what do you do with paperwork as I've only the paperwork from the garage and my rego sticker as way of saying it's mine?
Old Apr 19th 2005, 2:18 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

who told you that? firstly, it seems strange that you can sell a car that is possibly a sh!tbox (otherwise why sell for under $3000) without getting it checked to see if it's worthy of being on the road, when you need one for a better car that is more liekly to BE roadworthy.

from my (limited) experience of victorian car buying/selling you always need a roadworthy unless you are selling the car without rego, same as in queensland. the validity period of a roadworthy certificate is probably different in both states.

Originally Posted by wafoo1
On the same sort of thread,I'm selling my 92 Falcon in Victoria,I heard if you sell it for under $3000 you don't need to roadworthy it and if it's over $3000 you do,and what do you do with paperwork as I've only the paperwork from the garage and my rego sticker as way of saying it's mine?