Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on next steps

Advice needed on next steps

Old Jun 12th 2005, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

PegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the roughPegLeg is a jewel in the rough
Question Advice needed on next steps

Hi folks,

Following our Visa being granted in Jan this year we have been getting on with the important job of getting my broken leg fixed. That seems to be going well (touch wood) and my physio is continuing to get me back to full fitness.

We are going to Oz (Brisbane mainly) in October/November this year for a rekky and we are then planning on doing the full move in Jan/Feb 2006. The question is what should we be doing at the moment as in terms of planning for the big move? It has all seemed a while off whilst my leg has been healing, but now im up and about and driving again and we only have around 6-7 months to go it is all beginning to dawn a bit that we should begin planning towards the move.

Our aim is to initially rent out our property here in the UK and then after a year or whenever we feel confident that Oz is the place for us we'll sell up here and buy an Oz place after initially renting.

Any advice on a plan of action would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on next steps

If I were you I would start sorting through all your stuff......it takes longer than you think. There is no point bringing loads of stuff that you will not need. Our friends have been here over 12 months and still have full boxes that they haven't unpacked yet. Obviously it is stuff they do not need. As time gets nearer to the move it goes so quick that you feel like you are running out of time.
Good luck with the move.