Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on immigration to Aus! Please

Advice needed on immigration to Aus! Please

Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:25 pm
Just Joined

Marc197802 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed on immigration to Aus! Please

I would really appreciate any advice from you people out there that have been there and done it. I have a job offer from a company in Melbourne. I do not have any post secondary qualifications as i went straight into work in the UK, but now I have this offer to work and live in Aus and I am very interested in this opportunity but I'm not sure how to go about this. The visa application process looks quite confusing and i want to know if i would be able to get a 'skilled visa' without post secondary qualifications?

Does anyone know if i would not get a visa without having a degree or something like that?

Also can anyone recomend a good migration agent?

I want to progress my australian opportunity but must admit to being somewhat confused.

All advice / views are appreciated so please let me know of your experiences / views.

Thanks / Marc
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:26 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on immigration to Aus! Please

Originally Posted by Marc197802
I would really appreciate any advice from you people out there that have been there and done it. I have a job offer from a company in Melbourne. I do not have any post secondary qualifications as i went straight into work in the UK, but now I have this offer to work and live in Aus and I am very interested in this opportunity but I'm not sure how to go about this. The visa application process looks quite confusing and i want to know if i would be able to get a 'skilled visa' without post secondary qualifications?

Does anyone know if i would not get a visa without having a degree or something like that?

I want to progress my australian opportunity but must admit to being somewhat confused.

All advice / views are appreciated so please let me know of your experiences / views.

Thanks / Marc
What is your job Marc?? Katy
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:29 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks / Marc
hiya Marc
I would recc'd George Lombard at www.austimmigration.com.au
he & his team are fantastic!

Claire
x
Old Nov 24th 2005, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
What is your job Marc?? Katy
Hi, I'm a commodities trader, trading on the international markets. I have cant believe i have this opportunity to move to Aus!, but I cant see the wood for the trees at the moment! Im worried i wont get a visa as i dont have any post secodarny qualifications, but its my skill / reputation on the markets that has attracted this opportunity not my schooling.....you see were im coming from?
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:47 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Hi, I'm a commodities trader, trading on the international markets. I have cant believe i have this opportunity to move to Aus!, but I cant see the wood for the trees at the moment! Im worried i wont get a visa as i dont have any post secodarny qualifications, but its my skill / reputation on the markets that has attracted this opportunity not my schooling.....you see were im coming from?
Commodities eh, thats sounds like a hard job! Can you not get the company to sponsor you organise a VISA for you? Failing that Id use an agent if youre in a hurry. We used Global VISAs in Londay, they were OK. They will offer you good advice on what you should do.

www.globalvisas.com

Good luck with those "commodities"
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Commodities eh, thats sounds like a hard job! Can you not get the company to sponsor you organise a VISA for you? Failing that Id use an agent if youre in a hurry. We used Global VISAs in Londay, they were OK. They will offer you good advice on what you should do.

www.globalvisas.com

Good luck with those "commodities"

Thanks for your message, well commodities...its not easy but if you know what your doing your ok...im in grains, and obvioulsy Aus is a huge Producer and exporter, i already asked the company to sponsor me and they looked at it but too much shit for them to go through on their side, like prooving to the authorities that they are training home staff and loads of stuff like that, so they dont want the hassle, the want me to get a visa and let them know when i got it and they will give me a job, for me finding a job is not the hard thing but looking at all the visa stuff just makes my head spin!.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:03 pm
AC/DC!

yamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really niceyamahaha is just really nice

Thanks for your message, well commodities...its not easy but if you know what your doing your ok...im in grains, and obvioulsy Aus is a huge Producer and exporter, i already asked the company to sponsor me and they looked at it but too much shit for them to go through on their side, like prooving to the authorities that they are training home staff and loads of stuff like that, so they dont want the hassle, the want me to get a visa and let them know when i got it and they will give me a job, for me finding a job is not the hard thing but looking at all the visa stuff just makes my head spin!.
Its really not that big a deal, honest, even I got my head around it pretty quick when I bothered to sit down and read the information. Like I say if you want to get good advice go speak to an agent. I know there are some that scan these forums regularly so youre bound to get a message from one of them sooner or later! Theres a bloke called George Lombard whos name pops up quite a lot it might be worth you contacting him...
All the best!

For your own info go see

www.immi.gov.au
Old Nov 24th 2005, 10:06 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by yamahaha
Its really not that big a deal, honest, even I got my head around it pretty quick when I bothered to sit down and read the information. Like I say if you want to get good advice go speak to an agent. I know there are some that scan these forums regularly so youre bound to get a message from one of them sooner or later! Theres a bloke called George Lombard whos name pops up quite a lot it might be worth you contacting him...
All the best!

For your own info go see

www.immi.gov.au
My main concern is not having any post secondary qualifications, and how i would go about my skills assessment, you got any tips for me there?
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:12 am
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

My main concern is not having any post secondary qualifications, and how i would go about my skills assessment, you got any tips for me there?
go matilda
george lombard
Ian harrops

All well established and highly respected migration agents all registered, look in google all have there own websites and you can do search in the forums, lots of people have used them to good success. They also post on here regularly.

justin
Old Nov 25th 2005, 2:02 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Ask on the immigration forum, but if you're going to be highly paid there's an exemption from the requirement for a skill assessment (for a permanent visa) if your cash salary is going to be AUD152k per annum or higher. You may need to structure your remuneration scheme properly, and there are other factors to consider for visa eligibility. Not least the question of whether your employer will sponsor.

You need some good professional advice. Choose your agent/lawyer well as not all of them know about this area.

Jeremy