Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed. Change to contract with no warning

Advice needed. Change to contract with no warning

Old Oct 17th 2011, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice needed. Change to contract with no warning

OK, I have resigned as Clinical Nurse manager.... Was very kind, generous and mature about it.... Until today

When my immediate line manager put out a new roster taking away my management days until I leave with no discussion no warning,

She has been on the ward all day, not speaking to me.... Ice maiden innaction

A substantial change to my contract? Yes

A slap in the face? Yes

Yes she has put out a memo telling staff not to contact me out of hours... It was an unwritten expectation that staff could, and boy they did... Seven phonecalls on my first weekend after returning from Stress leave....

They arent replacing me until AFTER christmas... Even tho I offered to support the new appointee in place until I left.... They have four weeks to advertise, interview, appoint.... And I thought I still had a role .... Obviously she thinks not, I am reduced to another pair of hands on the floor...

Frankly I'm pissed off.... And no longer feel very generous towards her, tho I still love the hospital...

can I do anything about this? Is it worth going to the CEO? or is it time for a trip to Bunnings for some cement?

Anyone else had this happen to them?
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:33 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed. Change to contract with no warning

She is just being a spoiled bitch - that is how it comes across to me.

It must be hard but remember one thing and one thing only, she has been there for donkeys years and does not have the courage to leave. Her childish and nasty behaviour and micro management skills will see her go through staff like a woman goes through underwear in a hot summer.

You on the other hand are walking away from such shite, shite that put you on stress leave in the first place, that made you sick, that took away your confidence to some degree and shite that is making you upset.

You will go with your head held high, and in your last weeks - you may have had your responsibility taken from you, so yep - tell the CEO, write it all down and keep him/her updated.

But as for her, pretend she is dead, she does not exist - do your job to the best of your ability safe in the knowledge that you have escaped this place and will move on to bigger and better things - she always will be a cow of the highest order.

And you are far better as a person and as a nurse but please do not leave there without making waves, that way your time there would not have been in vain.
Old Oct 17th 2011, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed. Change to contract with no warning

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
She is just being a spoiled bitch - that is how it comes across to me.

It must be hard but remember one thing and one thing only, she has been there for donkeys years and does not have the courage to leave. Her childish and nasty behaviour and micro management skills will see her go through staff like a woman goes through underwear in a hot summer.

You on the other hand are walking away from such shite, shite that put you on stress leave in the first place, that made you sick, that took away your confidence to some degree and shite that is making you upset.

You will go with your head held high, and in your last weeks - you may have had your responsibility taken from you, so yep - tell the CEO, write it all down and keep him/her updated.

But as for her, pretend she is dead, she does not exist - do your job to the best of your ability safe in the knowledge that you have escaped this place and will move on to bigger and better things - she always will be a cow of the highest order.

And you are far better as a person and as a nurse but please do not leave there without making waves, that way your time there would not have been in vain.

Will cast a stone and watch the ripples..... The stone WILL sink... To the bottom,