Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice needed asap

advice needed asap

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all
Default advice needed asap

hi all,

looking for some help!!!!!
Found a company that is will to sponsor oh for a visa, had intreview at 2am this morning and they explained everything to him.
They have said that his salary will be 43.000 dollors per year do you think this will be enough for a family of 3 to live off in brisbane?
He is currently on 25.000 per year basic in the uk, do you think that asking them to match his salary in the uk will be cause problems for us?
I also thought that with them sponsoring us they payed for neally everything, but they want us to pay for the flights, medicals, pcc, shipping etc. The only thing they will pay for is accomodation for 8 weeks in a furnished house when we arrive.
Has anyone else beem in this situation with a company?
Has anyone asked to company for to pay for any of the above?

please help any advise will be great

emma
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:50 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed asap

Originally Posted by suart
hi all,

Found a company that is will to sponsor oh for a visa, had intreview at 2am this morning and they explained everything to him.
They have said that his salary will be 43.000 dollors per year do you think this will be enough for a family of 3 to live off in brisbane?
He is currently on 25.000 per year basic in the uk, do you think that asking them to match his salary in the uk will be cause problems for us?
I also thought that with them sponsoring us they payed for neally everything, but they want us to pay for the flights, medicals, pcc, shipping etc. The only thing they will pay for is accomodation for 8 weeks in a furnished house when we arrive.

emma
Sorry to rain on your parade but it isn't a good deal at all. If it is a temp visa (457) then you won't qualify for any benefits and $43k is a seriously low salary in my view and with no help to get you there either. Tell them to sod off.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Sorry to rain on your parade but it isn't a good deal at all. If it is a temp visa (457) then you won't qualify for any benefits and $43k is a seriously low salary in my view and with no help to get you there either. Tell them to sod off.
thats min wage for a 457!!!!! tell them to sod off??
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:56 pm
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

emma
What is the job?

There may be much better options out there from decent companies who will pay for your airfare, all your visa and medical fee's (the family) Pay for accommodation/car hire on arrival and sponsor your for Permanent Residency once you are here....... mine did!

Keep shopping around and try to get a better deal.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

They have said that his salary will be 43.000 dollors per year do you think this will be enough for a family of 3 to live off in brisbane?NO
He is currently on 25.000 per year basic in the uk, do you think that asking them to match his salary in the uk will be cause problems for us? WHAT THEY SHOULD BE OFFERING
Has anyone else beem in this situation with a company? KNOW OF OTHERS THAT HAVE HAD TO PAY FOR EVERYTHING
Has anyone asked to company for to pay for any of the above? THE COMPANY THAT OH WILL BE WORKING FOR PD FOR ALL OF THE ADOVE

emma

HOPE THAT HELPS
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
What is the job?

There may be much better options out there from decent companies who will pay for your airfare, all your visa and medical fee's (the family) Pay for accommodation/car hire on arrival and sponsor your for Permanent Residency once you are here....... mine did!

Keep shopping around and try to get a better deal.
AND OH IS ASWELL
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

hi all,

emma
Have you looked up what the average wage is for your OH job? it might be that they are offering him what is standard in Oz for his line of work. Is this your only visa route or can you go it alone, so to speak? All the best
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

suart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to allsuart is a name known to all

this is the only option at the min

do you think it is worth asking them to meet his current wage in the uk,

we only have a couple of days left to let them know if we r going to take it or not?

I'm not bothered about paying for flights etc as long as we are able to live
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

this is the only option at the min

do you think it is worth asking them to meet his current wage in the uk,

we only have a couple of days left to let them know if we r going to take it or not?

I'm not bothered about paying for flights etc as long as we are able to live
What visa are they looking to sponsor you on?
Old Oct 4th 2007, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think its a 457 tempory visa?
does this change anything

Last edited by suart; Oct 4th 2007 at 3:53 pm.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think its a 457 tempory visa?
does this change anything
Hi, i know if your on a perm visa you can claim there equivalent to child benefit and tax credits, not sure if you can on a temp visa though.(can they sponsor a perm visa?)
Bear in mind if you ask them to match your oh basic you are asking them to up there offer by about $18000.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by black cat
Hi, i know if your on a perm visa you can claim there equivalent to child benefit and tax credits, not sure if you can on a temp visa though.(can they sponsor a perm visa?)
Bear in mind if you ask them to match your oh basic you are asking them to up there offer by about $18000.

I know its alot of money, but they have asked to teach there students about DAF vehicles and all the new equipment they are getting now, my oh has worked on for years.

what do you think would be my greatest option available to me?
im so stuck
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know its alot of money, but they have asked to teach there students about DAF vehicles and all the new equipment they are getting now, my oh has worked on for years.

what do you think would be my greatest option available to me?
im so stuck
Sorry I am probably not being a great deal of help! You certainly have nothing to loose by asking them to match your oh salary! Are they paying benefits etc on top of the quoted amount? Karma sent !!
Emma
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

scrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud ofscrum has much to be proud of

hi all,

emma
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum and you'll get more infomation there.

You can check out the rules on www.immi.gov.au but I am almost sure that from September 1st 2007 any employer sponsoring you has to pay for return flights, medicals, pcc's and the visa application itself.

I saw something on there this week about the rules for employers changing and DIAC making it harder for them to sponsor people who ended up doing a different job to the one they were sponsored for.

I would seriously investigate this before going any further.

Trish
Old Oct 4th 2007, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scrum
If I were you I'd post this on the immigration forum and you'll get more infomation there.

You can check out the rules on www.immi.gov.au but I am almost sure that from September 1st 2007 any employer sponsoring you has to pay for return flights, medicals, pcc's and the visa application itself.

I saw something on there this week about the rules for employers changing and DIAC making it harder for them to sponsor people who ended up doing a different job to the one they were sponsored for.

I would seriously investigate this before going any further.

Trish
thanks for that trish ill look in to it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.