Advice needed.

Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:35 am
Just Joined

hannahleighsav is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice needed.

Hi.
I'm looking for some advice please

Me and my boyfriend are looking to first holiday in Australia (Perth) to see what we think. Then look at moving over there.

We would like Perth as we know rather a few people there.
I would like some advise on
Jobs (I am a disability carer, and he is a post man)
Areas to live
Cost of living
Etc.
Anything would be a help.
Thank you.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed.

I doubt you are going to get a visa to live long term in Australia given your occupations but that depends on your qualifications - check out the visa situation first.

You can do the WHV thing but the usual jobs are things like bar work, farm work, barista, hospitality type jobs. You are unlikely to get short term work in your current role and there is a max term of 6 months with one employer.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quoll
I doubt you are going to get a visa to live long term in Australia given your occupations but that depends on your qualifications - check out the visa situation first.

You can do the WHV thing but the usual jobs are things like bar work, farm work, barista, hospitality type jobs. You are unlikely to get short term work in your current role and there is a max term of 6 months with one employer.

Hi what's the WHV ??
We would be looking for long term in them roles if we decide to move there. The idea is first a holiday then back to the U.K. Get jobs sorted and then move over there probably rent for a short time until we find a house?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

Kimandmark is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a working holiday visa. Look here
Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
Old Jan 6th 2017, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kimandmark
It's a working holiday visa. Look here
Work and Holiday visa (subclass 462)
Do I still need a working holiday one if I won't be working the first time I visit I'll just be looking at houses and areas?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 1:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hannahleighsav
Hi what's the WHV ??
We would be looking for long term in them roles if we decide to move there. The idea is first a holiday then back to the U.K. Get jobs sorted and then move over there probably rent for a short time until we find a house?
Its not as easy as just getting a job, you need to qualify for a visa first. You will need to check if your roles are either on the SOL or the CSOL, in order to get either a temporary (sponsored) visa or a permanent one. I am certain that postman is not on the lists, but I can't be sure about disability carer. You'd need to check that out before thinking of buying houses etc.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse here a bit. In order to enter Australia you have to have a valid visa. If you intend to live there permanently you need to enter on a permanent working visa and they are very much related to the skills, qualifications and experience you may have but not all occupations are required by Australia. You need to check that out first.

You can get an e-visitor visa to be a tourist, that's easy but you can't just rock up expecting to find a job, buy a house etc, it's a fairly lengthy process of application
Old Jan 7th 2017, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Yes I understand that.
At first I am going for a holiday to see if I even like it enough to move there then I will be coming back to the U.K. And then looking at applying for permenant visas houses to rent a jobs once we are there.

I just wanted to know
Good places to look at living around
Websites for needed occupations
Old Jan 7th 2017, 7:16 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I understand that.
At first I am going for a holiday to see if I even like it enough to move there then I will be coming back to the U.K. And then looking at applying for permenant visas houses to rent a jobs once we are there.

I just wanted to know
To make a permanent move, as others have said, you would need to be able to qualify for a visa unless you are Australian / dual citizen.

Husbands / wives / defacto partners can be included as dependants - boyfriends not.

To qualify for a skilled visa, you would need an occupation on either the SOL or CSOl - google can give you a link to these lists.

If your occupation is on the list, you would also need to be able to pass the skills assessment in that occupation, and meet points requirements for that visa as well as other criteria (English ability, health, character, etc).
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
To make a permanent move, as others have said, you would need to be able to qualify for a visa unless you are Australian / dual citizen.

Husbands / wives / defacto partners can be included as dependants - boyfriends not.

To qualify for a skilled visa, you would need an occupation on either the SOL or CSOl - google can give you a link to these lists.

If your occupation is on the list, you would also need to be able to pass the skills assessment in that occupation, and meet points requirements for that visa as well as other criteria (English ability, health, character, etc).
Thank you my position is on the CSOL register where can I find the skills assessment as when I go on the CSOL i see the list but then I can't click onto the specific job if that makes sense.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:19 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I understand that.

I just wanted to know
Good places to look at living - Cottesloe. Dalkeith. Crawley. Mosman Park. Peppermint Grove.
Affordable places to look at living - Balga. Girrawheen. Gosnells. Armadale.

Websites for needed occupations: Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

As others have said, there's no sense in looking for a place to live if you don't qualify for a visa to live here. Disability carer and postman likely won't qualify you. Nurse or social worker would.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Good places to look at living - Cottesloe. Dalkeith. Crawley. Mosman Park. Peppermint Grove.
Affordable places to look at living - Balga. Girrawheen. Gosnells. Armadale.

Websites for needed occupations: Australian Government Department of Immigration and Border Protection

As others have said, there's no sense in looking for a place to live if you don't qualify for a visa to live here. Disability carer and postman likely won't qualify you. Nurse or social worker would.
I have different children and young adults qualifications which is what I would be going in off. With looking at places to live we want to see what we would get for our money compared to what we have here. Houses would be the last thing we would do.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:36 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I have different children and young adults qualifications which is what I would be going in off. With looking at places to live we want to see what we would get for our money compared to what we have here. Houses would be the last thing we would do.
Find out if you can get a visa first....a lot of UK qualifications will not be transferable and, even if they are, may not be enough to make you eligible for a visa.....many roles require a degree or higher qualification plus experience

Finding a job, especially with sponsorship, is not going to be easy.

What role are you looking at exactly?
Old Jan 7th 2017, 8:37 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Perth metro is very big. We (my partner and I) live in the far northern suburbs and good friends of ours live in the southern suburbs. We went down there this morning to meet them for breakfast - left home at 6:15 to be at Rockingham for 8:00 and just made it. That's 90 km and Rockingham is not the farthest southern metro suburb along the coast.

You're going to have to give a little more information about what you're looking for. House in the 'burbs? Apartment in the city? Beach? Hills? Property for horses and a big garden? What's your budget? Where will you be working? There's no sense in looking for a house in Mandurah if you work in Joondalup.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 9:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Perth metro is very big. We (my partner and I) live in the far northern suburbs and good friends of ours live in the southern suburbs. We went down there this morning to meet them for breakfast - left home at 6:15 to be at Rockingham for 8:00 and just made it. That's 90 km and Rockingham is not the farthest southern metro suburb along the coast.

You're going to have to give a little more information about what you're looking for. House in the 'burbs? Apartment in the city? Beach? Hills? Property for horses and a big garden? What's your budget? Where will you be working? There's no sense in looking for a house in Mandurah if you work in Joondalup.
Budget is £200,000 as to areas this would depend on jobs which would be schools or private I have qualifications and experience with learning disabilitys and physical disabilities, level 3 childcare and early learning etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.