Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice needed on a 47SP Visa

Advice needed on a 47SP Visa

Old Jan 1st 2005, 2:22 am
jumamoja

jumamoja is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Advice needed on a 47SP Visa

I married a Ukrainian in the UK on December 8th and had to return to Melbourne on the 22nd. I have just spent worst Xmas and New Year of my life

Our marriage is totally genuine: we have spent three years making absolutely sure; and I have spent almost a year in the Ukraine getting to know my wife and her culture.

I am an Australian resident with dual UK/Australian citizenship.

I want to bring my wife to Australia under a 47SP visa. I am :scared: to say the least.

We have filled out the 47SP visa form but have been reluctant to lodge it until we were 100% sure of our relationship and because we knew we had to get it absolutely right.

The application seems to be far from straight forward. I have a feeling the Sponsorship and Centrelink assurance of support is going to be a problem because I am 60 years old, my primary income is derived from Disabled British War Pension and, although I have enough money in the bank to buy a small house in a low cost area, I want my wife to choose where she wishes to live in Australia. I don’t want her to be lost and lonely, because I remember what it was like to be a migrant.

I have sounded out a few immigration agents they appear to be schonky, expensive, and a waste of money that we simply cannot afford.

I know the 47SP visa can take a long time to process and I don't know how I can wait that long to be together with her.

Is there a Good Samaritan who can offer me advice on how to proceed and give me some encouragement? It would be great if the Good Samaritan lived in the Melbourne area.

Jumamoja
Old Jan 1st 2005, 3:19 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed on a 47SP Visa

Well, I don't live in Melbourne but I did come to Australia on the same visa. You don't need an agent. For a visa this simple it's a waste of money.
Spouse visa's are pretty much the fastest processed visa there is and can take 1 day to about 4 months to process.

As long as your relationship is genuine, you shouldn't have any problems meeting the criteria. As for assurance, is there no one here in Oz who can act as her assurer for the application? Family? Friends? It doesn't HAVE to be you. Depending on your income (pension) you may very well be able to do it yourself. They don't ask for millions.

Hope this helps!!

Siren
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:01 am
jumamoja

Many, many thanks!

Can you tell me when you came to the Australia under the 47SP?

Do you think it will be as quick now? The regulations seem to change all the time and get tougher and tougher. I thought processing the visa would take 1-2 years

Thanks again

Jumamoja
Old Jan 1st 2005, 5:32 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren
Well, I don't live in Melbourne but I did come to Australia on the same visa. You don't need an agent. For a visa this simple it's a waste of money.
Spouse visa's are pretty much the fastest processed visa there is and can take 1 day to about 4 months to process.
A good place to get immigration advice in Melbourne is RILC
http://www.rilc.org.au

Jeremy
Old Jan 1st 2005, 6:58 am
jumamoja

Originally Posted by JAJ
A good place to get immigration advice in Melbourne is RILC
http://www.rilc.org.au

Jeremy
Many, many, thanks Jeremy.

It's exactly what I've been looking for!!

Jumamoja