Advice needed

Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all
Smile Advice needed

Hi everyone
Moving to Hervey Bay or north brisbane early next year with Aus wife.We have about £125,000 to take with us and about $400 aweek income from pensions.Not sure wether to rent or buy a small house.I now its not a lot but can anyone tell me if we could survive on that My wife being 60 will be getting a german pension when she is 64.I am 56 so I will be looking for some type of work.{not a lot of wor***Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

brad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to allbrad is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice needed

Originally Posted by brad
Hi everyone
Moving to Hervey Bay or north brisbane early next year with Aus wife.We have about £125,000 to take with us and about $400 aweek income from pensions.Not sure wether to rent or buy a small house.I now its not a lot but can anyone tell me if we could survive on that My wife being 60 will be getting a german pension when she is 64.I am 56 so I will be looking for some type of work.{not a lot of wor***Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

anybody there
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:23 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

anybody there
Have a heart mate! Its still only 7.30am here in Qld!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Have a heart mate! Its still only 7.30am here in Qld!!
Sorry about that
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:02 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

anybody there
mate £125000=~$325000 which, the last time I looked would buy a town house or similar as long as you're not looking for beach front .Harvey Bay is a very touristy area so rents tend to be steep. there are areas just outside HB that are nice commutable to the Bay and cheaper .Personally I buy because I can't abide paying rent but thats just me hope this helps P.S take a peak at the real estate sites mighthelp
Old Nov 28th 2006, 2:04 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

Here we go......

http://www.realestate.com.au/

http://www.domain.com.au/
Old Nov 28th 2006, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by toandfro
mate £125000=~$325000 which, the last time I looked would buy a town house or similar as long as you're not looking for beach front .Harvey Bay is a very touristy area so rents tend to be steep. there are areas just outside HB that are nice commutable to the Bay and cheaper .Personally I buy because I can't abide paying rent but thats just me hope this helps P.S take a peak at the real estate sites mighthelp

Hi
Thanks for the imformation.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 6:11 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
Thanks for the imformation.
could I survive on $400 a week
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:31 pm
beam me up scotty

toandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond reputetoandfro has a reputation beyond repute

could I survive on $400 a week
depends on your life style check out woolworths website (au) will give you some Idea of grocery costs ,do you want to run a car? utilities if there's just the 2 of you can be kept to a minimum ( at a geuss $150-200 a quarter elec,if you buy the rates not sure for that area but allow $1-1.5 000P/a)
if you only want a walk on the beach and fish and chips once a week I'd say you'd be ok but if you fancy a decent resturant fine wine and the like you may struggle are you managing well on you income now?
the other point is the cost of the move will eat into your lump sum not much, air fares storage removalist's etc. sorry I can't help any further ,off to work in the middle of nowhere for the next five days will check in when I return
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Advice needed

Originally Posted by toandfro
depends on your life style check out woolworths website (au) will give you some Idea of grocery costs ,do you want to run a car? utilities if there's just the 2 of you can be kept to a minimum ( at a geuss $150-200 a quarter elec,if you buy the rates not sure for that area but allow $1-1.5 000P/a)
if you only want a walk on the beach and fish and chips once a week I'd say you'd be ok but if you fancy a decent resturant fine wine and the like you may struggle are you managing well on you income now?
the other point is the cost of the move will eat into your lump sum not much, air fares storage removalist's etc. sorry I can't help any further ,off to work in the middle of nowhere for the next five days will check in when I return
Hi thanks for the reply

We manage on our income here in the uk Only putting £100000 aside for house rest is for car ,removals & further purchases when we get to au.
Walking on the beach sounds really good.Just want some sunshine
Old Dec 1st 2006, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone

Thanks
As anyone lived at hervey bay