Advice Needed

Old Feb 5th 2006, 5:19 am
Just Joined

Spike80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice Needed

Thinking of a move to Sydney in the near future, I am currently livng in Dubai on a one year contract due to expire in June. I would be looking for work as a Quantity Surveyor and there seems to be plenty about. I am resonably confident I can get a job before I get there, just wondered how long it takes to get a Visa and whether I should start applying ASAP or wait for a few months.

Also if anyone know how much a QS, generally, could get paid in Sydney and roughly how much is a 'good' salary. In the UK I was on 35K GBP, I will be coming with the wife too who won't be working immediately

Lastly any information regarding Rental prices in Sydney, I would be looking for something pretty central for about 400 AUD a week, is this feasible?

Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 5th 2006, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

jonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to alljonjon is a name known to all
Default Re: Advice Needed

Originally Posted by Spike80
Thinking of a move to Sydney in the near future, I am currently livng in Dubai on a one year contract due to expire in June. I would be looking for work as a Quantity Surveyor and there seems to be plenty about. I am resonably confident I can get a job before I get there, just wondered how long it takes to get a Visa and whether I should start applying ASAP or wait for a few months.

Also if anyone know how much a QS, generally, could get paid in Sydney and roughly how much is a 'good' salary. In the UK I was on 35K GBP, I will be coming with the wife too who won't be working immediately

Lastly any information regarding Rental prices in Sydney, I would be looking for something pretty central for about 400 AUD a week, is this feasible?

Thanks a lot.
try this link

http://jobsearch.gov.au/joboutlook/d...&AscoCode=2122

regards

jon