advice needed

Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:06 am
Just Joined

ptutty will become famous soon enoughptutty will become famous soon enough
Default advice needed

My partner has been offer a permanent post at the university of Adelaide starting in July. They will be sponsoring both of us(me as a de facto partner) on a 457 temporary visa until she completes 6 months probation period. they will then encourage her to apply for PR - I guess they will act as sponsors.

I would'nt have though they would also sponsor me for PR so will that leave me having to apply as a Occupation in Demand? Could there be a possible problem with her being granted PR while I remain on a temp??

I know there a disadvantages with temp visa's

Regards

Phil
Leeds
Old Jan 4th 2005, 11:50 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed

Phil,

Given that you meet the requirement of a de facto partner for the 457 application I'd expect you to be included on your partner's PR application in due course ... what makes you think otherwise?

Best regards.

Originally Posted by ptutty
My partner has been offer a permanent post at the university of Adelaide starting in July. They will be sponsoring both of us(me as a de facto partner) on a 457 temporary visa until she completes 6 months probation period. they will then encourage her to apply for PR - I guess they will act as sponsors.

I would'nt have though they would also sponsor me for PR so will that leave me having to apply as a Occupation in Demand? Could there be a possible problem with her being granted PR while I remain on a temp??

I know there a disadvantages with temp visa's

Regards

Phil
Leeds