advice needed

Old May 23rd 2004, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Default advice needed

I wonder if anyone can enlighten me!
I've been asked to get my police clearance and medical done, I don't want to migrate until july/august next year, and the flights are too pricey for a xmas validation. I'm told that the police certs, give me 12 mths from date rec'd to get out there, what about the medicals when does the clock start ticking on them, if ever!
Do i need to wait a while before booking them?
whats the best way for me to ensure I can drag out my dates until aug 2005?
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:49 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

The twelve months will start ticking from the date on either your meds or your police check, whichever comes first. Both are only valid for 12 months, so it just depends which you get done first.

Bear in mind that police checks can take anything between a few days to the legal 40 day limit. If you need an aussie police check, these are currently taking months due to a backlog. DIMIA doctors often have abit of a queue, so give youself a few weeks to book an appointment.

Get the meds and police checks done as late as possible to give yourself the most time. You'll need to have validated your visa by the time the first one you got expires.
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:50 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice needed

In most cases it is 12mths from the earliest of the police checks or medicals that you need to validate you visa. For some it is less than 12mths.

We managed to delay the date (by about 3 wks) required to return the meds/PPC back to DIMIA by saying that the person we need to sign the PPC was away on holiday, which they agreed to no probs.

We have now got them delayed til the new year, but that is only because I am pregnant (no x-rays), which is a more expensive option than the cost of a validation trip
Old May 23rd 2004, 6:50 pm
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

As with the Police checks the medicals also start ticking from when they are dated - you have ONE year to validate.

Why not hold off until August to send medicals ? that gives you the year to validate. After all, August is only 9 weeks away.

You could always send police check first in say mid-June then medicals beginning of August ???

Good luck !
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of

cheers, everyone, thanks for the advice
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

another question?
when does the 12 mths start on the medical, is it the date you have them, or the date they recieve them in Oz?
Old May 23rd 2004, 7:58 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by coventrycelt
another question?
when does the 12 mths start on the medical, is it the date you have them, or the date they recieve them in Oz?
date of the medical & with PC the date on the letter.
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:03 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Bear in mind though that if DIMIA have given you a deadline to provide the medicals and police checks (in my case I think it was 42 days), it would be wise to email asking for an extension just in case they pull your file on the deadline, and refuse your visa.

Unlikely maybe, but technically possible!

Elaine M
Old May 23rd 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

many thanks for that, i'm understand what I need to do now, which is a relief!