Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice on moving to rockingham WA

advice on moving to rockingham WA

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

jonjelly will become famous soon enoughjonjelly will become famous soon enough
Default advice on moving to rockingham WA

Hi me and my wife have been in WA for around 4 months now, We decided to settle in australind 10 north of bunbury it is a lovely place place we have just found it a bit to quite for us.
We don`t want to live in the city as we did that in the uk but would like to be able to go there if we want but as it`s a 4 hour round trip from here it`s a bit to much for a day out!!!
So we was thinking of moving to rockingham could any one advise us on what areas are nice and which to try and avoid also how far from the city is it
Thanks for your time
Jon & laura
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:01 am
Forum Regular

hutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the roughhutchy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: advice on moving to rockingham WA

Hi Jon/Laura

We live in Palm Beach/Anchorage. The beach and foreshore coffee strip is near. Nice walk. Been here just over 3 years now and would not want to live anywhere else. Lots of other nice places too and if you want to go into the city about 45 minutes by car but the train arrives in October, so the journey is supposed to be about 33 minutes.
If you have kids, schools are very close too.

Regards

Terry
Old Jul 30th 2007, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Theres lots of suburbs that are near the city that are just a short 15-30min drive away that are nice and quiet. It all depends on the street really.

I lived in victoria park which is just south of the river, and only 5-10 minutes drive away, never had any trouble there.
We are now in Dianella which is about 15-20 mins from the city but is very quiet, plus it has a huge shopping center and pubs at morley which is just a short walk away from us.

Theres a lot of places that are quiet, have nice houses and yet just a short drive from the city and coast.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:29 am
Just Joined

knockout is an unknown quantity at this point

hi jon&laura,we also moved to australind and are finding it quiet too.we have been here 9 months but want to move to brisbane
Old Jul 30th 2007, 7:45 am
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jonjelly
Hi me and my wife have been in WA for around 4 months now, We decided to settle in australind 10 north of bunbury it is a lovely place place we have just found it a bit to quite for us.
We don`t want to live in the city as we did that in the uk but would like to be able to go there if we want but as it`s a 4 hour round trip from here it`s a bit to much for a day out!!!
So we was thinking of moving to rockingham could any one advise us on what areas are nice and which to try and avoid also how far from the city is it
Thanks for your time
Jon & laura
Hi Jon & laura

We are currently staying in Dawesville (south of Mandurah) and looking at moving to Rockingham once i find a bloody job its a nice place we spent many days there.
We went to Bunbury last week which i liked and on the way back went through Australind which i also liked but like you say its a bit far from the city.
Good luck with everything.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 10:48 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

Have you considered a place in the hills like Kalamunda or Darlington? You tend to get bigger plots of >1000m2 and they tend to have more of a community feel.