Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on moving to Noosa for lesbian couple

Advice on moving to Noosa for lesbian couple

Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving to Noosa for lesbian couple

Originally Posted by mleixx06
We were hoping to apply for permanent visas once we have moved and already got the sponsored visas. I don't think we can get their permanent visas straightaway. Any ideas if there wold be any difficulties?

We were just worried as most of the schools in Noosa seem to be Christian schools and there are less of them in the UK so don't know if they would be less accepting.
It depends on the "Christian" school. I would avoid pentecostal christian schools without good evidence to the contrary as they are more likely to be bigoted.

Mainstream christian schools would be less bothered but you will still have some staff or student members hiding their bigotry under the cloak of religion.
Old Jan 30th 2016, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on moving to Noosa for lesbian couple

Originally Posted by mleixx06
Hi guys,
Thanks for all your advice and comments. It's definately put our minds at ease. Can I ask with the schools in Australia, do the parents or kids have to be Christians to be accepted for the schools with religious names eg Catholics for a Catholic school?

With regards to the permanent visa, I'll definately look into it. It would definately be our preference to have permanent visas to begin with.
Well it seems you have a 457 visa in process, so might as well continue with that as it will enable you to get to Australia and take up the job offer you already have.

The process to get a permanent visa is likely to take a good six months so you could miss the job opportunity if you wait for that to go through. But what you could do is start the process for a permanent visa simultaneously. Do you know if you qualify for skilled migration?