Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADVICE ON MOVE TO ADELAIDE

ADVICE ON MOVE TO ADELAIDE

Old Dec 2nd 2014, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE ON MOVE TO ADELAIDE

Originally Posted by Adandchloe
It is the life style that is the most appealing draw of Australia, the outdoor living, weather, beaches and activities that are only on offer for a few weeks of the year in England.
Whenever I hear this, it makes me think of this post and smile. We have relatives in Adelaide, after 40 odd years there they are thinking of moving to Tasmania because they find the heat in summer so difficult to deal with.

More seriously, like the others I really think you need to have a good think about whether moving to Australia is going to be the fix you currently think it is.

We're moving next April, after many years of shall we/shant we, but I'm fully aware (having lived there for a couple of years many moons ago) that day to day life is much the same for most people most of the time. Equally, given that I don't read the Daily Mail, I don't find life in the UK difficult in any way, in fact given that my family and particularly aged parents live here, part of me will be moving with a heavy heart. We're not burning any bridges; if it doesn't work out, we'll go back wiser and poorer!
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Adelaide and I love it here. Been here almost 9 years and I don't want to live anywhere else (not saying I never will because you just don't know what tomorrow brings!)

I actually did move because I thought the UK was crap, something I still believe (so there everyone ). Shit happens here too though and governments have been ruining people's lives for years...that's not gonna change Our PM is an idiot... we used to laugh at George Bush, but he has nothing on Tony Abbott

BUT after saying that. Life is what you make it wherever you are. I just think moving across the world gives some of us a bit of a kick up the arse and makes us aware of what we can actually achieve if we set our minds on it.

For others it just makes them appreciate what they had before...for some, it's just the same shit shinier bucket.

You won't know unless you try it really
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 5:56 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
I live in Adelaide and I love it here. Been here almost 9 years and I don't want to live anywhere else (not saying I never will because you just don't know what tomorrow brings!)

I actually did move because I thought the UK was crap, something I still believe (so there everyone ). Shit happens here too though and governments have been ruining people's lives for years...that's not gonna change Our PM is an idiot... we used to laugh at George Bush, but he has nothing on Tony Abbott

BUT after saying that. Life is what you make it wherever you are. I just think moving across the world gives some of us a bit of a kick up the arse and makes us aware of what we can actually achieve if we set our minds on it.

For others it just makes them appreciate what they had before...for some, it's just the same shit shinier bucket.

BB
Old Dec 4th 2014, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy

Well really depends how old you are, what you want in life and you need a plan in life when you reach a certain age. Some have a nice house at home, sell & move to Australia thinking life will be better. Suddenly hubby loses his job, visa not extended and the family return home depressed with nothing. It's different if you have family in OZ, or had nothing at home, but there's always a danger moving to places where a Visa is required.