Advice for move

Old Dec 31st 2016, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Glbond is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice for move

Hi. I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. My husband has just received an offer for a job in Australia, office is in Melbourne.

We have a family and his work have offered to relocate us. We are still waiting to hear what this package includes and the salary.

Basically my question is... Is there any advice anyone can recommend whilst considering this offer. Areas to look at, anything people did not think of when moving. We will possibly be trying to get my 70 year old mum to come also. Do you think that would be possible? Thanks 😀
Old Dec 31st 2016, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice for move

Assuming this is a temporary visa then, no, you can't take your mum, she would have to make it on her own.
Old Jan 1st 2017, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

First, be very aware of the issues of 457 visas, assuming that is what is being offered. They are not ideal for families.

Second, it is unlikely you would be able to take your mother. You may be able to later sponsor her for a visa, but this would be some years down the line and very expensive.
Old Jan 3rd 2017, 8:55 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glbond
Hi. I'm not sure if I'm asking in the right place. My husband has just received an offer for a job in Australia, office is in Melbourne.

We have a family and his work have offered to relocate us. We are still waiting to hear what this package includes and the salary.

Basically my question is... Is there any advice anyone can recommend whilst considering this offer. Areas to look at, anything people did not think of when moving. We will possibly be trying to get my 70 year old mum to come also. Do you think that would be possible? Thanks 😀
- What visa number is it? Is it 457?
- How old are your kids?
- Whats your budget for renting and what kind of property do you want to rent?
- Do you prefer city vibe, beaches or semi-rural?
- would your Mum be happy to maintain a base in your home country and visit for extended periods?