Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADVICE ON MIGRATION ISSUE

ADVICE ON MIGRATION ISSUE

Old Jun 20th 2007, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default ADVICE ON MIGRATION ISSUE

can anybody tell me what the situation is as regards pension payments
when you leave the uk can you pay a voluntary ni contribution to the uk so that when you retire you will get a british oap entitlement as it seems strange that you pay ni contributions for a lot of years and lose your entitlement thank you

Last edited by jamesflorraine; Jun 20th 2007 at 10:33 am. Reason: spelling error
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE ON MIGRATION ISSUE

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
when you leave the uk can you pay a voluntary ni contribution to the uk so that when you retire you will get a british oap entitlement as it seems strange that you pay ni contributions for a lot of years and lose your entitlement thank you
You don't lose it, its frozen and you get what you are entitled to when you reach the appropriate age,
Old Jun 21st 2007, 6:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Techno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond reputeTechno Freak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADVICE ON MIGRATION ISSUE

Originally Posted by jamesflorraine
You can continue to pay NI to make sure you get enough years in to qulofy for the full basic state pension.

There is loads of info about it on here. I'll see if I can find an old post of mine that had the phone numbers on for who to contact to sort out what levels to pay.

EDIT:-

Here you go, it was actually Britvis that I posted them on ( as Tony & Emma ).

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/ar/t3349.htm

There will be loads of threads on here about NI if you do a search.

Last edited by Techno Freak; Jun 21st 2007 at 6:30 am.