Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice & guidance needed

Advice & guidance needed

Old Mar 9th 2013, 5:21 pm
Account Closed

User 343 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Advice & guidance needed

Hi, I am 23 and live in the UK and I am seriously considering a move to Aus... I am looking for live temp for around 12 months but I am very confused as to how the process works and what the initial steps need to be. I am hoping someone can help guide me.? Also wondering about the qualification situation I am qualified up to NVQ Level 2&3 and would like to know how I can find out if these could get me over to Aus.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help
Old Mar 9th 2013, 7:05 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice & guidance needed

Originally Posted by User 343
Hi, I am 23 and live in the UK and I am seriously considering a move to Aus... I am looking for live temp for around 12 months but I am very confused as to how the process works and what the initial steps need to be. I am hoping someone can help guide me.? Also wondering about the qualification situation I am qualified up to NVQ Level 2&3 and would like to know how I can find out if these could get me over to Aus.

Thanks for reading and hope someone can help
Hi Clare and welcome to BE

The easiest option for youu would be the working holiday visa which would allow you to live and work in Australia for 12 months (http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/working-holiday/417/)

As for the qulaifications - you can apply for skills to be recognised but Level 2 and 3 may not be enough and you haven't said what trade. I wouldn't worry though - have a look at the WHV.

Good luck
Old Mar 9th 2013, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Thank you!! I am trained in Business Administration. Im Sure that alone won't get me over!
It is all so overwhelming to go through.. Will be worth it though =D

Last edited by User 343; Mar 9th 2013 at 9:54 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 12:09 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!! I am trained in Business Administration. Im Sure that alone won't get me over!
It is all so overwhelming to go through.. Will be worth it though =D
Hi Claire. If you follow the working holiday visa link that sparkles has given you, you'll find that the process isn't so difficult. If you just concentrate on getting that first, you'll have a year over here to look around and think about your next step. Remember, if you don't want to commit to a full scale migration you can always apply for another year on a WHV, as long as you can provide evidence that you've worked for 3 months in a regional area during your initial year. Have a good look at the link and enjoy planning for your adventure!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

If you are only thinking about a temporary move, then the WHV is the way to go and it doesn't matter about your qualifications.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:36 am
Account Closed

Thank you everyone!! If anyone knows of anyone who has done the WHV please get in touch would be really good to chat to them about, work, living, costs etc! Have seen a couple in the Oz threads but nothing of use as of yet! Will keep searching � ����
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Try here http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...&keywordid=163

Almost everyone on there is on a WHV. There's nothing they don't know about where to work, where to go, where to live and what it all costs.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:56 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone!! If anyone knows of anyone who has done the WHV please get in touch would be really good to chat to them about, work, living, costs etc! Have seen a couple in the Oz threads but nothing of use as of yet! Will keep searching ������
I'd ask my 19 year old nephew to have a chat with you, as he's just finished his WHV year here. Only thing is he wouldn't be a lot of help, because he stayed with family for a year, rent and board free, and didn't do much work either!!!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:42 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NickyC

Almost everyone on there is on a WHV. There's nothing they don't know about where to work, where to go, where to live and what it all costs.

Thank you! Will defo check that out
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by NickyC

Brill.. Thanks for that will have to check it out

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'd ask my 19 year old nephew to have a chat with you, as he's just finished his WHV year here. Only thing is he wouldn't be a lot of help, because he stayed with family for a year, rent and board free, and didn't do much work either!!!
How boring lol!! Would much rather do it myself and work.. How else can you truly find out about Oz life