Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

advice. going soon

Wikiposts

advice. going soon

Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Smile advice. going soon

hi we hope to go to Melbourne in june :scared: we are looking at FRANKSTON or MORNINGTON we are looking for advice on these places. my 17 year old daughter would like to go back to school is this possible. is there a school near by for her to go to?
i am also a plasterer and i will be looking for work will i have to set out my cv in a different way to the uk? and has any one sent there cv's out to employers before they went to australia. also any advice on a place to stay when we arrive in melbourne that is not to expensive.
Rob, Marie & Terri
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: advice. going soon

Good luck mate.

If I don't find work plastering in Adelaide I will be knocking on your door in Melbourne.Just about to send my TRA off this week.

my 16 yr old daughter doesnt know whether to go into the work place
or back to school.

Originally Posted by robert cowan
hi we hope to go to Melbourne in june :scared: we are looking at FRANKSTON or MORNINGTON we are looking for advice on these places. my 17 year old daughter would like to go back to school is this possible. is there a school near by for her to go to?
i am also a plasterer and i will be looking for work will i have to set out my cv in a different way to the uk? and has any one sent there cv's out to employers before they went to australia. also any advice on a place to stay when we arrive in melbourne that is not to expensive.
Rob, Marie & Terri
Old Apr 24th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skyblue
Good luck mate.

If I don't find work plastering in Adelaide I will be knocking on your door in Melbourne.Just about to send my TRA off this week.

my 16 yr old daughter doesnt know whether to go into the work place
or back to school.
good look with t r a skyblue hope it go's well
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:31 pm
A New Day at Mid-Night...

pandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nicepandya_m is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: advice. going soon

Robert I am not in the profession you are, but I have gone through some sites and forums. What I feel you should refer yellowpages.com.au and apply directly to agency and company in your domain. I am in IT and I applied from yellowpages the response was good but nothing positive turned since I am not definate about the timings I will be in Melb...
So hope this helps.
All the best.
Safe journey to you and your family
Old Apr 24th 2005, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Nice places. I have a sister in Mount Eliza, a bit further out on the Mornington Peninsula. Frankston is popular because it has a rail link into the city and I believe the High School is pretty good. Mornington is smaller, a bit quieter but easy travelling distance to Frankston.

i am also a plasterer and i will be looking for work will i have to set out my cv in a different way to the uk? and has any one sent there cv's out to employers before they went to australia.

Don't know much about plastering I'm afraid but previous posters have suggested that the only real difference in cvs is that they call them resumes! Some jobs also want you to address each of their requirements in a selection criteria but I don't think that would apply to trades.

also any advice on a place to stay when we arrive in melbourne that is not to expensive.
Rob, Marie & Terri
Hope someone can help you on that one. I arrive Brisbane July but I've got parents to stay with!
Old Apr 24th 2005, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Rob, Marie & Terri
I could have used your services last month.

Needed a good plasterer to do my walls. Got a plasterer in but he was just so messy. Are they all like that?
Old Apr 24th 2005, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Rob, Marie & Terri
Hi Rob,

Don't know much about schools, I'm afraid as my kids are only babies, but my hubby found work within a week in Mornington as a Wall and Floor tiler by trailing around the tile shops and material suppliers, and going round the building sites. There was loads of building work going on around Mornington when we were there - huge estates going up. That is probably your best bet.

Mornington is much nicer than Frankston in my opinion and you have to be very careful of where you live in Frankston.

Debbie