Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on emigrating please!!

Advice on emigrating please!!

Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

Froppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really nice
Smile Advice on emigrating please!!

Hello everyone!

I need some advice please! My husband & I are looking into emigrating to Perth as soon as we possibly can!! We are just looking for the right people to get us started!!
I have been a registered childminder here in the UK for 2 years now but worked as a nanny & trained in primary schools & nursery schools when I completed my training at college a few years ago. I have a BTEC certificate diploma from my training, the early years certificate for childminding & a first aid certificate. My husband is is a sales manager for a tool hire constuction company & he has been a office manager in sales.
We also have four children, so finding the right place to live is very important for schoold etc.
Can anyone advise us to where & how we get started please

Thank you

Froppence
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:42 pm
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on emigrating please!!

Originally Posted by Froppence
Hello everyone!

I need some advice please! My husband & I are looking into emigrating to Perth as soon as we possibly can!! We are just looking for the right people to get us started!!
I have been a registered childminder here in the UK for 2 years now but worked as a nanny & trained in primary schools & nursery schools when I completed my training at college a few years ago. I have a BTEC certificate diploma from my training, the early years certificate for childminding & a first aid certificate. My husband is is a sales manager for a tool hire constuction company & he has been a office manager in sales.
We also have four children, so finding the right place to live is very important for schoold etc.
Can anyone advise us to where & how we get started please

Thank you

Froppence

Hi, TRY the australian gov website.

Look for your skill/trade by searching on gov website.

Or contact a mara registered migration agent

Try and pass the 120 points score to get in.

If you do then apply, if not then ask and pay for a migration agents advice as there are plenty of other visa s that may suit you if you are willing to go to up and coming areas for a year or 2.

Search and read alot. Use the search function of this site and read, and read and read.

good luck

al
Old Jan 27th 2007, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Froppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really niceFroppence is just really nice
Smile Re: Advice on emigrating please!!

Hello Al

Thank you for your advice. We will look into it! Fingers crossed!!!!

Froppence
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:56 am
Banned

Location: Manchester-Sydney August 07 and maybe Brisbane or Melbourne 08
alkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond reputealkristensen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on emigrating please!!

Originally Posted by Froppence
Hello Al

Thank you for your advice. We will look into it! Fingers crossed!!!!

Froppence
or do and "online assessment" with a miigration agents website. There are free calculators on these sites to see if you qualify.

If you do then they will seek to help you for a charge.

But if you do and you have none or few convictions for trivial things a long time ago and are in goodish health and you can read and understand things then go for it yourself and save a packet.

Of course ask on this site too. Be as accurate in your questions as you can so that people dont have to ask you too much back and most of all search and rwead as this threw up allsorts of good info for me in the past even if it was irrelevant to my question.

Ive found stuff like a first time buyers grant on your first home by searching for hairdressing licences LOL

i wouldnt have known if i hadnt have traweled through pages of bilge sometimes!!

good luck and use google too for migration agents to geet the free assessment.

Goood agents cost thousands but can be worth it if your case is not straight forward, but if it is then try yourself if you are that way inclined as even with an agent you still have to do 90% of the work and all the typing and running. They sort it for you, tell you how to word it and send it all off for you. Thats what most of them charge for if its straightforward or not IMHO.

they can also be a good source of reassurance all along trhe way.

So can members of this site.!!

al

good luck