Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Advice on business accounts

Advice on business accounts

Old Dec 16th 2008, 11:56 pm
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Advice on business accounts

Just received ACN and ABN and now need to set up a business account. Currently bank with the the ANZ for mortgage and offset but don't automatically want to go with them for the business if there are better deals out there regarding fees etc. Anyone have any good/bad experiences they're willing to share? Cheers.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on business accounts

We bank with the Commonwealth Bank, but as we are only a small partnership we do not have many transactions a month. We end up paying $10 account fees for the amount of transfers we do, and as I am happy with that have not looked around to see if there is a better deal. This is way less than we were paying in the UK
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:21 am
locked in the attic

rosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond reputerosscov1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
We bank with the Commonwealth Bank, but as we are only a small partnership we do not have many transactions a month. We end up paying $10 account fees for the amount of transfers we do, and as I am happy with that have not looked around to see if there is a better deal. This is way less than we were paying in the UK
Thanks for that. Can't remember exactly but think we paid a couple of quid for every transaction in the UK, so $10 sounds pretty good. I guess we'll just have to investigate further, as for our business, our projected number of monthly transactions could be fairly high. Thanks for your response.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

http://live.moneymanager.com.au/savi...ess&view=Rates
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:31 am
locked in the attic

Wow! That's a lot of information. Thanks for that. Looks like I'm going to go cross-eyed comparing all those figures.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:43 am
Harrip

harrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to beholdharrip is a splendid one to behold

I bank with St George and very happy with them. There is a $10 a month fee, but if you go for the Business Owners Transaction Package (at no extra cost) you can get a business credit card at no additional annual fee which I find useful as I have to buy a lot of things online. Service is good as is their online banking system.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 10:45 am
locked in the attic

Originally Posted by harrip
I bank with St George and very happy with them. There is a $10 a month fee, but if you go for the Business Owners Transaction Package (at no extra cost) you can get a business credit card at no additional annual fee which I find useful as I have to buy a lot of things online. Service is good as is their online banking system.
Thanks for that. Will add it to my growing list of 'compare and contrast' figures.