Reload this Page >

advice around social services (childrens services) in aus

advice around social services (childrens services) in aus

Old Apr 11th 2013, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

wishfulthinker is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice around social services (childrens services) in aus

Hi all

I was just wondering what the process was for people who migrate to Australia from England who have childrens services (social workers) involved with their family. Do they automatically pick up from where the UK workers left off or do they not become involved unless a referal is put through whilst in Aus.

Basic background is my OH is on the sex offender register in the UK and at the moment he is only allowed supervised contact with the kids. If we were granted a visa, i am assuming he will automatically become registered on the ANCOR? and will finish his time on the ANCOR...but will social services also become involved straight away or not...

I know its a long shot that anyone might know anything about this, but any info would be greatly helpful.
The whole point of us looking to move to Aus is for a brand new start where we can get on with our lives as a family, but if social services will place the same restrictions on his as he has over here, there its a pointless exercise when you are trying to start a fresh

Thanks again
Stacey
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice around social services (childrens services) in aus

Originally Posted by wishfulthinker
Hi all

I was just wondering what the process was for people who migrate to Australia from England who have childrens services (social workers) involved with their family. Do they automatically pick up from where the UK workers left off or do they not become involved unless a referal is put through whilst in Aus.

Basic background is my OH is on the sex offender register in the UK and at the moment he is only allowed supervised contact with the kids. If we were granted a visa, i am assuming he will automatically become registered on the ANCOR? and will finish his time on the ANCOR...but will social services also become involved straight away or not...

I know its a long shot that anyone might know anything about this, but any info would be greatly helpful.
The whole point of us looking to move to Aus is for a brand new start where we can get on with our lives as a family, but if social services will place the same restrictions on his as he has over here, there its a pointless exercise when you are trying to start a fresh

Thanks again
Stacey
Hi Stacey. I don't think you'll find the answer on here, it sounds like something you'd need to discuss with social services in the UK. I really would have a chat with them to make sure you get the correct information.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 2:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wishfulthinker
Hi all

Thanks again
Stacey
Stacey - the more I think about this, the more concerned I am that you're heading for disappointment. I don't know a lot about the immigration process but I am involved, in a peripheral way, in child protection through my work.

If you, your partner and the kids are applying for visas, then as you've already discussed in earlier posts, there will be background checks etc. The fact that your partner has been charged with an offence may or may not be surmountable, but in all honesty I can't imagine that you'd be granted a family visa, to travel and live together in Australia, while there are restrictions in the UK on your partner's access to the kids.

You really do need to talk about this with someone who can give you clear answers, you can't make any plans until this is sorted out one way or another. Sorry if I sound all doom and gloom, take care.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:18 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

You may also need to consider if there are any restrictions on your husband travelling whilst on the register. Maybe plan for a move in a few years when this is further behind you and your husband is not subject to any restrictions.
Old Apr 11th 2013, 11:23 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Stacey - the more I think about this, the more concerned I am that you're heading for disappointment. I don't know a lot about the immigration process but I am involved, in a peripheral way, in child protection through my work.

If you, your partner and the kids are applying for visas, then as you've already discussed in earlier posts, there will be background checks etc. The fact that your partner has been charged with an offence may or may not be surmountable, but in all honesty I can't imagine that you'd be granted a family visa, to travel and live together in Australia, while there are restrictions in the UK on your partner's access to the kids.

You really do need to talk about this with someone who can give you clear answers, you can't make any plans until this is sorted out one way or another. Sorry if I sound all doom and gloom, take care.
I agree SoS. I would recommend that the OP contact George Lombard in Sydney for a consultation. He's got a very good reputation for helping people with difficult cases and would be who I would look to for advice in the OP's circumstances. It may not be the news she's looking for, but really there's no sense in getting hopes up of moving overseas if it's not possible.