Reload this Page >

Advice on Adelaide suburbs etc

Advice on Adelaide suburbs etc

Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Adelaide suburbs etc

Hi all,

First I will introduce myself! I am Gary and my family (Sam 30 something! Callum 8 and Brooke 5) and I are coming to Adelaide in August this year. I am joining the Australian Army after serving 25 years in the British Army and will be working in Warradale.

I have surfed the net over and over again for ideas on where to live/rent when we get there but I have a few problems which you might be able to help me with:

First - When we get into Adelaide I will be put into rented accomodation for about 10-12 weeks until our container arrives and the Army want to know where I want to rent/be accomodated. It has to be some kind of serviced apartment so has anyone got any ideas of a good place to stay?

Second - Obviously once we have been in a suburb for 3-4 months with the kids in school, we don't really want to move them into another area/school. Most of the Army accomodation is in the "Northern" suburbs which I haven't heard many people say is that nice!

Third - I am looking in the areas of Hallet Cove, Marino, Flagstaff Hill. For those in Adelaide, which do you consider "all-in-all" is the best area for a) Schools and b) family life. Obviously it would be great to be near the beach but the inner suburbs would be fine too.

I hope I get some responses, positive I hope, and thanks in advance for any constructive comments or advice.

Cheers

Gary
Old Jun 9th 2005, 11:59 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Adelaide suburbs etc

Originally Posted by biscuit63
Hi all,

First I will introduce myself! I am Gary and my family (Sam 30 something! Callum 8 and Brooke 5) and I are coming to Adelaide in August this year. I am joining the Australian Army after serving 25 years in the British Army and will be working in Warradale.

I have surfed the net over and over again for ideas on where to live/rent when we get there but I have a few problems which you might be able to help me with:

First - When we get into Adelaide I will be put into rented accomodation for about 10-12 weeks until our container arrives and the Army want to know where I want to rent/be accomodated. It has to be some kind of serviced apartment so has anyone got any ideas of a good place to stay?

Second - Obviously once we have been in a suburb for 3-4 months with the kids in school, we don't really want to move them into another area/school. Most of the Army accomodation is in the "Northern" suburbs which I haven't heard many people say is that nice!

Third - I am looking in the areas of Hallet Cove, Marino, Flagstaff Hill. For those in Adelaide, which do you consider "all-in-all" is the best area for a) Schools and b) family life. Obviously it would be great to be near the beach but the inner suburbs would be fine too.

I hope I get some responses, positive I hope, and thanks in advance for any constructive comments or advice.

Cheers

Gary
HI gary the northern suburbs are ok, as is the rest of Adelaide, most of the defence force accomodation is set aside for the RAAF, as Edinburgh air base is up north, look around seaview park area thats close to Warradale depot. And you MUST join Adelaidebrits web site all your questions will be answered.......... mm. ps/ some pooter expert will put a link up for you.
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:11 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

See here http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:29 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridiej
TA BJ i knew some one would be hovering in the ether ........mm
Old Jun 9th 2005, 12:31 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mr mover
TA BJ i knew some one would be hovering in the ether ........mm
LOL!