Reload this Page >

Advice about Dubai Hotels

Advice about Dubai Hotels

Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road
Default Advice about Dubai Hotels

Hi,
we are stopping in Dubai for 3 nights, amongst alot of other places on the way to Brisbane.
Just wondered if anyone can recommend a nice budget hotel.
We have a 21 month old toddler also.
Thanks Marie
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

Phil-UK will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advice about Dubai Hotels

Originally Posted by neil&momo
Hi,
we are stopping in Dubai for 3 nights, amongst alot of other places on the way to Brisbane.
Thanks Marie
Hi,

We are also thinking about doing this, as it breaks the trip into 3 x 7 hr. flights.

UK - Dubai (stop over)
Dubai - Singapore (stop over)
Singapore - Brisbane

That's if we fly with Emirates. We can't afford those Gold plated suites so reasonable hotel advise would be good. Also any info on Singapore hotels would be good. Hopefully close to airport.

Phil
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

muzza is on a distinguished road

Hi,
Thanks Marie
I was in Dubai last weekend - none of the hotels were budget! The Jumeira Beach hotel was nice and is very family orientated...but I'm not sure how much it is to stay. If it helps, everything else there is very reasonably priced (except alcohol!).
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Big Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura aboutBig Bird has a spectacular aura about

Hi,
Thanks Marie
I have visited a friend in Dubai a few times, and it is definately worth a visit.

I have not used any hotels, but have found a couple of web sites which may be of use.

http://www.hotelcomparison.co.uk/che...otel_dubai.htm

http://www.kasbah.com/resort_hotels/...b_emirates.htm
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks Marie
Hi, currently visiting Dubai and now that I have spent all my pocket money am bored out of my mind. I shall find out for you, if you could PM me your budget.

IG
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

We were going to stop over in Dubai and just for a laugh I checked out the prices for the Burj Al Arab - £450/night, just a little out of our price range

If I remember correctly the holiday inn was about £60/night through Travelbag.

edited to add: If you are stopping over then make sure you retain your additional luggage allowance, the reason we are not stopping in Dubai was that Emirates removed the 40kg allowance if had a stop over

Last edited by boom_meringue; Apr 28th 2005 at 1:13 pm. Reason: adding info
Old Apr 28th 2005, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

muzza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
We were going to stop over in Dubai and just for a laugh I checked out the prices for the Burj Al Arab - £450/night, just a little out of our price range

If I remember correctly the holiday inn was about £60/night through Travelbag.

edited to add: If you are stopping over then make sure you retain your additional luggage allowance, the reason we are not stopping in Dubai was that Emirates removed the 40kg allowance if had a stop over
The Burj is fantastic though...at least, I thought it was until I got the bill and realised I was paying £24 a drink! Well worth a visit even if you don't stay there...

Oh, and I can highly recommend the dune bashing - never had so much fun in a Toyota Landcruiser and the Arabic buffet in the desert is pretty reasonable - word of warning though, don't let anyone video you if the belly dancer drags you on to the stage!!!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by IndieGirl
Hi, currently visiting Dubai and now that I have spent all my pocket money am bored out of my mind. I shall find out for you, if you could PM me your budget.

IG
Hi,
Thanks very much.
We have seen the San Marco on the internet for £26 per room per night. It looks ok in the city. Also the Golden Sands Apts also in the city at £28 per room per night.
What do you think?
Thanks Marie
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

JJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the roughJJJHM is a jewel in the rough

We are also going to Brisbane that way with a 16 month old and 4 year old.. hope to stay a week in Dubai and 3/4 nights in Singapore, the Jemeria Beach for a week is about £1200... scary.. but once in a lifetime ... if we do the route again I fear we will be timebound far more.

With regards to baggage allowance Travelbag checked out the extra allowance with Emarites because they thought we'd lose it with stop overs but came back to say that it was ok and we could keep it...

I would also like to know about hotels in Singapore that are child friendly..

And... we can't decide whether to buy a seat for the baby... there is a trade off between losing the bulkhead seats and having that extra seat... any views?

ta
Old Apr 28th 2005, 5:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Hi,
Thanks very much.
We have seen the San Marco on the internet for £26 per room per night. It looks ok in the city. Also the Golden Sands Apts also in the city at £28 per room per night.
What do you think?
Thanks Marie
Golden sands area will be fine. You should be able to get to most areas fairly easily by taxi. I don't actually know anything about the hotels though!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JJJHM
We are also going to Brisbane that way with a 16 month old and 4 year old.. hope to stay a week in Dubai and 3/4 nights in Singapore, the Jemeria Beach for a week is about £1200... scary.. but once in a lifetime ... if we do the route again I fear we will be timebound far more.

With regards to baggage allowance Travelbag checked out the extra allowance with Emarites because they thought we'd lose it with stop overs but came back to say that it was ok and we could keep it...

And... we can't decide whether to buy a seat for the baby... there is a trade off between losing the bulkhead seats and having that extra seat... any views?

ta
Thanks again everybody,
We have got our 21 month old a seat only because we had to as he turns 2 before we arrive in Brisbane. But otherwise we have travelled long haul alot with him and found it was fine. You aren't guarenteed the bulk head though!
They tend to give them to under 12 months of age as they don't really fit in the bassinets after this age. Our son was too big at 6 months but he is tall for his age!! But he still slept in the bassinet curled up! I'd ring the airline in advance and book the seats for the bulk head we did and got reserved seats at no extra cost with Emirates, they are a great airline when travelling with children. He was 6months at that time though!
Good luck
Marie
Old Apr 29th 2005, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

joanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud ofjoanneS has much to be proud of

Hi,
Thanks very much.
What do you think?
Thanks Marie
Hi Marie, we stopped over in Dubai for 1 night each way to and from Oz, we stayed in Golden Sands Apts, large apartments, wasn't really in the nicest area but ok for a stop over. It was really cheap over there though, we got a taxi to take us around Dubai to see the sites and were in it for nearly two hours and it cost only about £12!!!!
Go to the gold markets but be prepared to haggle!!!!
If you can afford a bit more it is worth staying in the well known chain hotels.
Have a good time
jo
Old Apr 30th 2005, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Originally Posted by JJJHM

ta
We stopped over in Dubai in January and stayed at the Jemeria Beach, like you we thought 'once in a lifetime, won't make a habit of it ...' and we can honestly say it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in the staff were so friendly and accommodating nothing was too much trouble. We have two kids 4 and 6 and this hotel runs a kids club from 9am - 9pm (obviously you don't need to leave them there all that time - you come and go as you please) FREE OF CHARGE!!! and they feed them free as well!! So there's a saving. Also, if you do decide to stay here, when you arrive ask for an upgrade to a larger room/suite because of the kids. We got upgraded to a 3 bed suite with a balcony/terrace overlooking Wet N Wild (another must do). Staying in the JB also means you can get a free buggy ride to the Burj Al Arab, I know people who have stayed elsewhere in Dubai and have been refused entry because they are non-residents. The JB is a sister hotel of the B A A so no problems getting in, and you don't need to buy drinks or eat there but its a great place to go and have a look around. Take your video camara with you the reception area is awesome.

The hotel has a great playground for the kids and in the restaurant they have their own eating area with kiddies tables and chairs, play stations, crayons etc. It really is a child friendly hotel.

Have you joined Emirates Skyward Club? With the distance you will be flying it'll be worth it. This hotel is part of it so you can also earn points by staying there. Have I convinced you yet, or just talked myself into another visit
Old Apr 30th 2005, 6:33 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again everybody,
We have got our 21 month old a seat only because we had to as he turns 2 before we arrive in Brisbane. But otherwise we have travelled long haul alot with him and found it was fine. You aren't guarenteed the bulk head though!
They tend to give them to under 12 months of age as they don't really fit in the bassinets after this age. Our son was too big at 6 months but he is tall for his age!! But he still slept in the bassinet curled up! I'd ring the airline in advance and book the seats for the bulk head we did and got reserved seats at no extra cost with Emirates, they are a great airline when travelling with children. He was 6months at that time though!
Good luck
Marie

HI

have sent you a PM yesterday

IG
Old Apr 30th 2005, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

We stopped over in Dubai when we came out to migrate 2 and a half years ago. Stopped in a fantastic hotel, it had a ice rink in the centre along with shops, cafes etc etc. Very expensive from what i remember, we stopped for 2 nights, daughter was so ill from something she probably picked up from plane or airport, so didnt leave hotel sadly. Cant remember the name of it , sorry. Emirates flight was good, but as said in a previous thread we hadnt been told we would lose our 40kg, so flew out of birmingham with a 40kg allowance, that was fine, stopped over for the 2 days , went back to airport and got stuped for excess baggage i was mad, sat in a office protesting, mind you it didnt get me anywhere. But in defence of Emirates i wrote to them when we arrived and explained the situation and they refunded us the excess baggage charge. My sister in law had also ordered a cake through them to be presented to us on the plane, we didnt get that either !!!! But all in all the flight was good, dubai was great (what we saw) hotel great, very expensive, but well worth it.
Joanne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.