Adventure World

Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road
Default Adventure World

Just thought I'd post on this little Theme park.

We took the little strop bucket yesterday and had a pretty good day. Costs are $108 for 2 adults and 2 kids with the option to buy $7.50 14 day re-entry pass.

OK it's not Disney or Alton towers but it's quite a nice place. Several small rides for those around 100-110 cm. Nice small kids lagoon area plus another larger pool up to 1.6M deep. In fact there were only 2-3 rides young 'un couldn't go on.

BTW When son was in Perth the first time, I took him to a pool where Brother in law said he'd struggle, I said "Nah he's 100 cm". BIL replied "Fair go mate, where does his bloody mouth come to!". Doh! bad dad.

Costs/quality of food and drinkss is outragous. Take a wheeled esky. Most Aussies turn up with the full works inlcuding gazebos!

The most popular things are the water slides of which there are three types, single rings, mats and a double ring through a tunnel. Word of warning Jack at 1.2 M struggled when he came off the mat and a lifeguard had to grab him. After that we went on the double ring which flipped half way through the tunnel. Poor Jack freaked but I manged to get a hold of him and get him back in the ring whilst I went down on me arse (still sore today!).

All in all a couple of little dramas but a good day at a reasonable price, next time we will be a little better prepared with an esky.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 3:43 am
Forum Regular

aussie bloke is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adventure World

agree a great day out

http://www.adventureworld.net.au/

I know of friends that visit there every Xmas eve to avoid the crowds and stay untill closing.

sure it will be busy this weekend with the forcast temp 38 degC
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:00 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, it's great!
I remember going on my brothers birthday in 1990!!
And on year 9 school camp in 1996! We went to all sorts of places in Perth.

Hey, have you guys ever heard of Ascot Water Playground???
I don't know if it still exists.

Anyway, it was all kinds of waterslides, and it was FREE! Well, you could give a dontaion.

It was somewhere near/along a river (in Perth).
Old Jan 9th 2004, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

On our first ever visit to Perth, we made 3 trips.
It was great for the 2 boys as at the ages of 14 and 11 they were old enough and capable swimmers to go off on their own.
And considering Chessington World Of Adventures is about £25 EACH to get in, the place is a bargain
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:07 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I found Ascot Water playground!!! Ok, see post underneath this one first, it's closed
It's in Redcliffe!
Great CHEAP fun for the whole family, with children up to about 12 I guess. But mainly for younger ones, as the pools are all very undeep.
It's says paddling pools and wading pool, but I'm sure it's got slides of different sizes too.
Can't find any pics, but I've got one at home, so if I remember I'll put it up (oh, have also got a few of Adventure world, so will share them too, I just lovvvvve sharing )

ASCOT WATER PLAYGROUND
Mathieson Road, Redcliffe
Phone: 9277 8550

Managed by the YMCA of Perth, their facilities include a kiosk, several paddling pools, wading pool, mini golf and coin operated gas BBQ's

Hours
October/November: 10:00am - 6:00pm
December/January/February: 10:00am - 8:00pm
March/April: 10:00am - 6:00pm
May/June: CLOSED
July/August/September: CLOSED

Cost
Children: $2.00
Adult: $3.00
Pensioner: $2.00
Family: $6.00 (2 adults & 2 children) Belmont Resident
Family: $9.00 (2 adults & 2 children) Non-Belmont Resident

YMCA site:
http://www.ymca.org.au/index2.php?O=...n=View&SID=230

Last edited by Simone; Jan 9th 2004 at 8:29 am.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:27 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

ummmm, ok ... Good thing I kept looking. Found this!
Well, apparently there is Maylands WaterLand across the river. Don't know anything about that though.

I was looking forward to looking it up when we got to Perth.

New ‘Feature Playground’ Proposed to replace Ascot Water Playground

It’s the end of an era in Belmont, with the Ascot Water Playground having closing its gates due to environmental and safety concerns.

The City received notice from the Swan River Trust that water discharge from the facility into the river required urgent attention. In addition, results from a safety audit conducted by the lessee, identified numerous issues relating to the safety of patrons and workers at the facility (based on Royal Life Saving Society guidelines).

Other issues contributing to the closure were a declining number of attendances at the facility, with only about 20 percent being Belmont residents; the significant upgrade of the Maylands WaterLand across the river; ongoing illegal entry and vandalism; and the age and appropriateness of the facility. All these factors forced Council to the conclusion that the Ascot Water Playground had come to the end of its functional life.

Council however, in recognising the important role the facility played in providing leisure opportunities for families with younger children, has endorsed a concept of relocating aspects of the playground to Faulkner Park and the Belmont Oasis. The City is eager to continue to provide low cost and free family recreational opportunities and as such, will develop Faulkner Park into a recreational precinct, incorporating a significant children’s adventure playground, and upgrade the Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre to accommodate the leisure experiences previously enjoyed at the Ascot Water Playground.

As compensation for the closure of the facility, regular Ascot Water Playground users (who are City of Belmont residents) will be given the opportunity to utilise the Belmont Oasis Leisure Centre aquatic facilities free of charge for a limited period during this summer.