British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Adventure Park Geeling - anyone been? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/adventure-park-geeling-anyone-been-502291/)

herrchook Dec 29th 2007 10:57 pm

Adventure Park Geeling - anyone been?

We're thinking of going ther tomorrow. Has anyone been? Is it any good?

http://www.adventurepark.com.au/

Geelong Gent Dec 30th 2007 5:56 am

Re: Adventure Park Geeling - anyone been?

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5717383)

Looks good Gill, Having plenty of these in the East have not yet been to this one.

seanandmaria Dec 30th 2007 8:27 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5717383)

Went last year when we were living in Melbourne, weather let us down but generally speaking it was good fun.

herrchook Dec 30th 2007 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 5718311)
Looks good Gill, Having plenty of these in the East have not yet been to this one.

:p cheers :lol:

herrchook Dec 30th 2007 11:13 am

Originally Posted by seanandmaria (Post 5718778)
Went last year when we were living in Melbourne, weather let us down but generally speaking it was good fun.

Looks like a fun day out, will let you know how we get on:)

herrchook Jan 2nd 2008 7:35 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5719227)
Looks like a fun day out, will let you know how we get on:)

Thought I'd update on our day at Adventurepark. Well, it was hot. The hottest place around was Geelong at around 43 degrees - guess where Adventurepark is?:ohmy:. Thankfully, with all that water we didn't feel it - well, not until we took aqua bikes out of the lake and got fried lol:p

The kids (and us) all had a great day out. It's not huge but it's well run and lots of fun. Plenty of canopy covered seating and BBQs and lots of people leaving bags, eskis etc all over so felt really safe, but they do have safe deposit boxes too. Only just over and hour and a quarter drive away so well worth it. Tip - they have sun loungers around the Benitos Bay play area which was our kids favourite bit but by 10.30 they were all full so get there at 10 if you want one of those:).

Geelong Gent, I forgot to ask, where are the other waterparks you mentioned? The kids are hooked now so we thought we'd try those too over the hols.

Gill

Geelong Gent Jan 3rd 2008 10:28 am

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 5728386)
Thought I'd update on our day at Adventurepark. Well, it was hot. The hottest place around was Geelong at around 43 degrees - guess where Adventurepark is?:ohmy:. Thankfully, with all that water we didn't feel it - well, not until we took aqua bikes out of the lake and got fried lol:p

The kids (and us) all had a great day out. It's not huge but it's well run and lots of fun. Plenty of canopy covered seating and BBQs and lots of people leaving bags, eskis etc all over so felt really safe, but they do have safe deposit boxes too. Only just over and hour and a quarter drive away so well worth it. Tip - they have sun loungers around the Benitos Bay play area which was our kids favourite bit but by 10.30 they were all full so get there at 10 if you want one of those:).

Geelong Gent, I forgot to ask, where are the other waterparks you mentioned? The kids are hooked now so we thought we'd try those too over the hols.

Gill

All over the East - infact there are 2 within 5km of us.

Glad you had a good time but how come it took over an hour and 15 minutes too get there?

We just got back from our nightly swim at the beach - the 4 year old now has tan marks (and only from late afternoon, early evening exposure)

herrchook Jan 3rd 2008 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 5733406)
All over the East - infact there are 2 within 5km of us.

Glad you had a good time but how come it took over an hour and 15 minutes too get there?

We just got back from our nightly swim at the beach - the 4 year old now has tan marks (and only from late afternoon, early evening exposure)

Do you have any links Shane? The kids loved it so much they just keep going on and on about going to the Gold Coast but I reckon a tour of Melbourne's water parks will be a bit cheaper lol:lol:.

As for late afternoon tan marks, the sun really does stay hot late in the day compared to the UK doesn't it? Our 5yo now has a lovely elastoplast shaped tan mark on her arm after a swim in Sandra's pool yesterday afternoon lol. She wants to paint it today to make it look like a tattoo:ohmy::D.

The Crow Jan 3rd 2008 9:01 pm

I'd be interested to know where they are in the East - only noticed swimming pool complexes - one large open air complex with big slide at Noble Park, but no actual water parks like the one in Geelong (we hope to get there this summer).

Rachel

herrchook Jan 5th 2008 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by The Crow (Post 5735630)
I'd be interested to know where they are in the East - only noticed swimming pool complexes - one large open air complex with big slide at Noble Park, but no actual water parks like the one in Geelong (we hope to get there this summer).

Rachel

I just googled it as I was getting excited that there were loads but it seems the only one is the one in Geelong. I guess GG maybe meant swimming pools with flumes or waves so there's probably loads of them. Oh well, we now have a good excuse for a trip to the Gold Coast;)