Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The adventure begins

The adventure begins

Old Aug 31st 2012, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

t9jla will become famous soon enough
Default The adventure begins

Well, after a number of years of thinking about it we have finally done it. OH has got his 457 visa and landed in Perth today. Can you believe he travelled all that way to find sunshine and it was raining on his arrival !! He has to do a couple of months probation before his employer will put the kids and I on his visa but in any case I finish work on Sunday so that I can look after the kids in the meantime. I'm not naive to think it will all be plain sailing and we will automatically get his employer to sponsor PR in a couple of years, but hey, you have to speculate to accumulate. These chances don't come around too often so you have to grab them when you can.................What's the worst that can happen ? If it doesn't work out we can always come back having had a good time trying. It's surely better than not trying at all. The adventure has begun, now waiting for OH to sort his internet access tomorrow so that he can keep me posted on what Perth holds for me and the kids in a few weeks.
Old Aug 31st 2012, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The adventure begins

I wish you all the best on your new adventure in Perth.

(I have moved this to the Oz forum for you)
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:01 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by t9jla
Well, after a number of years of thinking about it we have finally done it. OH has got his 457 visa and landed in Perth today. Can you believe he travelled all that way to find sunshine and it was raining on his arrival !! He has to do a couple of months probation before his employer will put the kids and I on his visa but in any case I finish work on Sunday so that I can look after the kids in the meantime. I'm not naive to think it will all be plain sailing and we will automatically get his employer to sponsor PR in a couple of years, but hey, you have to speculate to accumulate. These chances don't come around too often so you have to grab them when you can.................What's the worst that can happen ? If it doesn't work out we can always come back having had a good time trying. It's surely better than not trying at all. The adventure has begun, now waiting for OH to sort his internet access tomorrow so that he can keep me posted on what Perth holds for me and the kids in a few weeks.
Good luck and enjoy the start of your adventure!
Old Aug 31st 2012, 10:08 pm
Account Closed

dragon1954 is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope it all goes smoothly. And yes, nothing ventured nothing gained.
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

Timmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really niceTimmo84 is just really nice

Good luck and all the best with the journey!