Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADSL2 and 24mb in WA

ADSL2 and 24mb in WA

Old May 27th 2006, 11:56 am
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default ADSL2 and 24mb in WA

Any of you lovely people already living in Perth on this high speed bandwagon ?

Seems cheap enough from various ISP's

Also whats the deal with renting a place when we get there, will they allow us ADSL for a 12 month rental ?

Nick
Old May 27th 2006, 9:15 pm

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADSL2 and 24mb in WA

Originally Posted by nick72

Also whats the deal with renting a place when we get there, will they allow us ADSL for a 12 month rental ?

Nick
Bumping for the Perthites that will be waking up soon !

Sorry Mods..

Nick
Old May 27th 2006, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Nick
SORRY just keeping it up top I quite fancy an answer to this
Old May 28th 2006, 12:04 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Nick
Hi Nick

No problems with the 12 months rental. You can move house and take your ADSL contract with you, though I believe it will cost $50 to move, PLUS $99 to ensure that your new house is ADSL ready. They tell me the Telstra (BT equivalent) cannot be negotiated.
If you sign up for 24 month contract, you'll get a free ADSL modem and I think money off the Telstra fee's.

One crap thing about the broadband here is that unless you pay for unlimited downloads, you'll have a download limit determined on the monthly price you pay. I'm with Optus and have a 7GB limit, which I've exceeded this month (again) so have now been 'slowed down' as punishment to 'almost' dial-up speed until my next billing period. REALLY FRUSTRATING! So backward compared to the UK, but then I guess there's not the people in WA to force the competition, which is one reason I'm here..... so not having a whinge!

Neil.
Old May 28th 2006, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by h2oskineil
Hi Nick

No problems with the 12 months rental. You can move house and take your ADSL contract with you, though I believe it will cost $50 to move, PLUS $99 to ensure that your new house is ADSL ready. They tell me the Telstra (BT equivalent) cannot be negotiated.
If you sign up for 24 month contract, you'll get a free ADSL modem and I think money off the Telstra fee's.

One crap thing about the broadband here is that unless you pay for unlimited downloads, you'll have a download limit determined on the monthly price you pay. I'm with Optus and have a 7GB limit, which I've exceeded this month (again) so have now been 'slowed down' as punishment to 'almost' dial-up speed until my next billing period. REALLY FRUSTRATING! So backward compared to the UK, but then I guess there's not the people in WA to force the competition, which is one reason I'm here..... so not having a whinge!

Neil.
Thanks Neil,

Really appreciate that mate.

Anyone getting 24mbps ?

Nick
Old May 30th 2006, 6:34 am

Thanks Neil,

Anyone getting 24mbps ?

Nick
Not much info peeps !! You all bored ofthis - lol

Nick
Old May 30th 2006, 6:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Neil,

Anyone getting 24mbps ?

Nick
I'm on iinet's ADSL2+, 24Mb, 40Gb cap (then shaped) for $79.99/month. Telstra have been working on & around the exchange recently & I regularly get 18-19Mb. I'm in Kalamunda.

I'm happy with it.
Old May 30th 2006, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I'm on iinet's ADSL2+, 24Mb, 40Gb cap (then shaped) for $79.99/month. Telstra have been working on & around the exchange recently & I regularly get 18-19Mb. I'm in Kalamunda.

I'm happy with it.
Thanks for the info !

Nick
Old May 30th 2006, 8:39 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

any one giving info about Melb..?

Bart
Old May 30th 2006, 9:30 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I'm happy with it.

You should be happy, i only have 1.5mg, its never fast enough
Old May 31st 2006, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

KBREMBO is an unknown quantity at this point

Nick
I use IINET and have my phone with them also. www.iinet.com.au

ADSL2 10G $39 AND Phone line is $33--no contract--
Speeds are dependant on how close to the exchange you live. 3km+would be pushing it to get 2/3k

www.whirlpool.net.au Check this forum for best info.

Cheers

KB
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:35 am
Nos De Caraid...

BartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of lightBartSimpson is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
any one giving info about Melb..?

Bart
bump... anyone helping..?
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 8:45 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BartSimpson
bump... anyone helping..?
The thread title says WA, so I sort of doubt many Melbournians are reading this... Might have to start a new thread.....
Old Jun 6th 2006, 8:43 am
Nos De Caraid...

Originally Posted by Simone
The thread title says WA, so I sort of doubt many Melbournians are reading this... Might have to start a new thread.....
No I want to stick with this thread
Bart