Wikiposts

Adopt a 17 year old boy!

Old Apr 26th 2005, 7:49 am
jude

judeyoga will become famous soon enoughjudeyoga will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Adopt a 17 year old boy!

Originally Posted by Vanessa
That's if he survives!!!
Whoever said find him a girlfriend - I have a 20 year old step daughter who would suit him to a tee - not sure that environmental health could cope with the two of them in one place at the same time by the sounds of it though! :scared:
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:14 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by judeyoga
Whoever said find him a girlfriend - I have a 20 year old step daughter who would suit him to a tee - not sure that environmental health could cope with the two of them in one place at the same time by the sounds of it though! :scared:
Like yours, mines a step son - you are not moving to Melbourne are you!?
Old Apr 26th 2005, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

TheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of lightTheColebecks is a glorious beacon of light

I have THREE of these species 'in waiting' so, thanks for the offer, but I'll pass!!!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Karen x
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Trying to off load a unsmiling, lying, morose 17 year old before we go to Aus! He does nothing around the house, gets up at 2 pm, plays xbox, eats the contents of the fridge, even the evenings dinner if it is prepared! He doesn't go to school (first year A level) and then lies to say he has. All offers gratefully received!!!
He sounds like a candidate for that brat camp program. A few months in the Utah wilderness seemed to work for some of them. Otherwise put a lock on the fridge, sell the Xbox on ebay and start asking for rent.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 10:07 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

When my brother and I were both at this stage (16/17) my parents upped sticks and moved to hong kong, they did tell us of course , but the more I think of it I think it was their novel solution to the same problem!

They came back after 2 yrs (end of assignment) by which time we were both working/in Uni! and 'all growed up'.
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Trying to off load a unsmiling, lying, morose 17 year old before we go to Aus! He does nothing around the house, gets up at 2 pm, plays xbox, eats the contents of the fridge, even the evenings dinner if it is prepared! He doesn't go to school (first year A level) and then lies to say he has. All offers gratefully received!!!
I had a 14 year old version of the above. We have been in oz for three months and I am beginning think there was some kind of alien possession of his body, or a stepford wife type scenario is going on. Since getting here he has not even unpacked his x-box (he was surgically attached to it in the uk). He gets up before 9 even at the weekend. Loves school! I have just been to a parent-teacher meeting and usually I sit there feeling like I am the naughty one. This time my mouth was on the floor as he was praised for being exceptional in behaviour, industry and marks (he has been moved to the top set). He voluntarily exercises - cycles and swimming lessons. He even came for a run with me last night (usually would not be seen dead with his mother doing leisure activites). In the uk his exercise consisted of opening the fridge.

Anyway, it is early days yet, and my old son may return. But, it has been worth the move over here just for the change in him. Most importantly, he is a much happier person now. Just need to sought my daughter out now who appears to be doing the transformation in reverse (10 yrs old)!
Rachel
Old Apr 26th 2005, 9:01 pm
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by emmals
need to find him a woman
Think the Foreign Legion would be easier......
Old Apr 26th 2005, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

No thankyou.........got one of them, driving me nuts here in Perth. However I must say he has improved SLIGHTLY since we have been here.......only slightly though!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:17 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
No thankyou.........got one of them, driving me nuts here in Perth. However I must say he has improved SLIGHTLY since we have been here.......only slightly though!!
Can you beat the children in Aus? Not allowed to in the UK anymore - bloody do gooders!!!!!!
Old Apr 27th 2005, 12:20 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Can you beat the children in Aus? Not allowed to in the UK anymore - bloody do gooders!!!!!!
Laws in Oz are the same as the UK. However, you can accidently leave him in the simpson desert. Don't think there's any law to stop you doing that.