Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ADF Interview Process

ADF Interview Process

Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADF Interview Process

Can anybody advise whether it is a good idea to take the kids to the transfer interview or would it be better just me and my OH?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:57 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all
Default Re: ADF Interview Process

We took our kids with us to the interview as we didn't have a choice. They were 4 and 8 at the time. They did get a bit bored as we were there virtually all day. Having said that, it wasn't a problem with the aussies.

If we could have got someone to look after them, we would have done simply because it was a long day for them.

Hope your interview goes well! Have been told that there are about 500 Brits coming over via the ADF route this year. We seem to be having an influx here at the moment with more due to arrive later on as well.

Good luck
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

annette5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice, our kids are 9,6 and 2. We will struggle for childcare as well, as long as the aussies dont mind we will pack them a bag of things to do. Are the kids involved in the interview process as well?
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sea Angel, hows it going for you. WE were told there were alot of applicants, getting fed up of waiting now.
Seems like forever since we started this malarky lol.
Mandy
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:11 pm
Now a Citizen!

seaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to allseaangel is a name known to all

Not really. You and your husband will be interviewed by different people over the day in different rooms. Our kids just stayed in the main room and did some drawing etc. You can take some things to keep them occupied. The aussies were fairly relaxed and did not mind us bringing the children at all.
There is always someone in there with them, as well as all the other interviewees.

Our interview went well and we were given a decision on the day subject to a few things we had to sort out. Needless to say we arrived February 2007 and haven't looked back since!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:14 pm
Now a Citizen!

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hi Sea Angel, hows it going for you. WE were told there were alot of applicants, getting fed up of waiting now.
Seems like forever since we started this malarky lol.
Mandy
Things are going well at the moment. We were due to be posted this year but may have to do another year. Should find out in the next few weeks!

SCMA are very busy at the moment as from 4th July all the posting orders come out and then they have to deal with all the people who dont want to get posted etc. So July and August are pretty busy for them so not sure if they deal with the laterals during that time. I'm sure they do but perhaps just not as quickly!

Good luck with your application and keep us updated
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by annette5
Can anybody advise whether it is a good idea to take the kids to the transfer interview or would it be better just me and my OH?
Hi,

My kids were 2 and 3 at the time so OH went to the interview alone and I stayed back in Germany