Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide... yes i still love it

Adelaide... yes i still love it

Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future
Default Adelaide... yes i still love it

But could some of you builders and tradesmen make your way downhere so we can get our houses built quicker?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:30 am
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

I wish there were some to send you, but I've been trying to get a builder for about a year now, with NONE on the horizon....
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Are you wanting to build a new house or just renovate DUP?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

sam&steve is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide... yes i still love it

Originally posted by podgypossum
But could some of you builders and tradesmen make your way downhere so we can get our houses built quicker?
Do u have builders in the family back in England? My father-in-law is one, so we flew him over to build 3 rooms under our carport as we found this a quicker and cheaper opition. Don't know if it is legall...... but if the opition is there i would think about it.
(father-in-law is leaving for England on the 1st of April, so no, he won't beable to help anyone!)
Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:07 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Are you wanting to build a new house or just renovate DUP?
Really!! PP!! You haven't been paying attention in class! Now there will be a test at the end of the week, so I suggest you start catching up on all the threads you've obviously missed!

I'm building - 116 acres in the Blue Mountains - council approval given ages ago - can't find a builder. Under FIRB deadlines, so having to keep them informed. Still, they know I haven't been slacking, and I've had the groundworks done out of my own pocket ($10K+).

Any builders out there wanting a quarter of a million dollar contract....?
Old Mar 25th 2004, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide... yes i still love it

It's funny you should say that as I remember a guy in the UK flying an aussie builder to the UK to build his bathroom as it was cheaper than using a British builder

I have a few friends that are builders that would be happy to work for you I'm sure.