Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

adelaide ??? what's it like ???

adelaide ??? what's it like ???

Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Thumbs up adelaide ??? what's it like ???

would just like to here peoples views on how they find it living in adelaide?
where you were (UK) and how does it compare?

would you say its got an ageing population ? is it a nice place to bring up a child for a 32 dad and a 24 mum?? :-)

any info any views anything positive or negative please!!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 12:59 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Default Re: adelaide ??? what's it like ???

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt

would you say its got an ageing population ? is it a nice place to bring up a child for a 32 dad and a 24 mum?? :-)

My father-in-law lives at Stirling in Adelaide, absolutely loves it, he is 56!! He moved there in 1990, wouldn't live anywhere else.

I've been myself to Adelaide, and thoroughly enjoyed it, but would not move there myself, because of job opprtunities (or lack of).

A guy who works here (in UK) is from Adelaide, and though he spent much of his 18-23 in Sydney (for the job opportunities), rest in UK, now 30 is hoping for the day he can return. He is from Tea Tree Gulley.

I'm told the population is certainly aging. Perhaps some other twenty/thirty somethings living in Adelaide can help.

Good luck Paul
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

sam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nicesam mick kurt is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: adelaide ??? what's it like ???

as far as i know they are really desp for tilers so i think mick should be ok on the job front. thanks any how for the reply jost hope that if we do get there that we will like it !!!
Old Mar 8th 2005, 1:20 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Might help to visit the AdBrits forum:

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:15 am
Just Joined

adelaidemark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sam mick kurt

Hi, I'm 35 and my wife is 36 with 2 kids age 5 and 7. Adelaide has over 1.1 million people living here so there are lots of younger families around. We have lived in Adelaide for 7 yrs now (coming from Portsmouth and Guildford in the UK). We have travelled all over Australia and find that Adelaide is the friendliest and easiest place to live with kids. Housing costs are cheaper that most other capital cities and there are excellent choices in schools and after school activities.

It is worth knowing that Adelaide is probably the only mainland capital city where you can get home from work before the children go to bed. (very few people have to commute more than 30 minutes from between home and work)

If people state that Adelaide is boring and full of churches, then the most likely explanation is that they have never been!
Old Mar 9th 2005, 1:57 am
wombat42

One big retirement village with the oldest population in OZ,
with a dying economy and plauged by weird serial killings :scared:
read the link below: " Adelaide city of corpses"

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k..._1.html?sect=1

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 9th 2005 at 2:11 am.