Adelaide
56.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Adelaide V Perth

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:37 pm

kevpreece is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide V Perth

To all the people going to Perth and Adelaide,

Please vote and say what attracts you to your chosen place.

Much appreciated

kev
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

ellen1 is an unknown quantity at this point

weather and indian ocean

Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If I had to choose it would have to be Adelaide. Perth is far too remote for us.
Adelaide also looks like it has some great old buildings and architecture and more culturally going for it.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 4:58 pm

Originally posted by tinaj
If I had to choose it would have to be Adelaide. Perth is far too remote for us.
Adelaide also looks like it has some great old buildings and architecture and more culturally going for it.
i must admit,i am more swayed towards adelaide for the above reason.

kev
Old Jun 19th 2003, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide V Perth

Originally posted by kevpreece
To all the people going to Perth and Adelaide,

Please vote and say what attracts you to your chosen place.

Much appreciated

kev

Perth has some great old buildings and architecture too, Indian Ocean, Rottnest Island,vineyards and forests to the south and great diving to the north at Ningaloo, scenery at Kalbarri,sailing on the Swan river, winter walks in the hills, great wildlife...................oh and great beaches.

Also the remoteness of Perth is a bonus as far as we are concerned,
Old Jun 19th 2003, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

karlos is an unknown quantity at this point

Never been to Adelaide, but after reading all the posts from people who are going there, I'd like to visit once we are established in Australia.

Karl.
Old Jun 19th 2003, 11:02 pm

Default perth v adelaide

Originally posted by karlos
Never been to Adelaide, but after reading all the posts from people who are going there, I'd like to visit once we are established in Australia.

Karl.

its a close run thing between the two,

anyone got anything further to add.

cheers

kev
Old Jun 19th 2003, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

loupyloutoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Me...I'll add!

Perth, Perth and Perth again...cos I'm going there!!!
Great scenery, interesting chat...great Latte!!!

Need I say move Kev!!!
Old Jun 19th 2003, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Adelaide is a beautifull city and the central area is surrounded by parklands, it's a very English type city but with wide streets and quaint narrow pedestrain precents. It's got a quaint tram (looks like its the origonal form 19 century) that runs down to the beach at Glendig. It's also got those modern German?? busses that run from the CBD on special tracks through the parklands to the suburbs.

Disadvantge is it's to much like the english weather I've got away from also it's isolated in it's own way.

Perth long time since I was their but in a word ISOLATED, someone mentioned Ningalo reef but that is 1,000kms north with not much in between. Just my thoughts.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:12 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Kiwipaul
Adelaide is a beautifull city and the central area is surrounded by parklands, it's a very English type city but with wide streets and quaint narrow pedestrain precents. It's got a quaint tram (looks like its the origonal form 19 century) that runs down to the beach at Glendig. It's also got those modern German?? busses that run from the CBD on special tracks through the parklands to the suburbs.

Disadvantge is it's to much like the english weather I've got away from also it's isolated in it's own way.

Perth long time since I was their but in a word ISOLATED, someone mentioned Ningalo reef but that is 1,000kms north with not much in between. Just my thoughts.
Perth is a beautiful city and the countryside to the south is a lovely place to visit. Further afield Ningaloo is, for me, one of the best places I've ever been.

It's ideal if, like my wife and me, you are in to: windsurfing, SCUBA diving, kiteboarding, hiking, camping and generally spending leisure time outdoors on or by the sea.

People are friendly, the city is clean & safe (just don't deal drugs on someone else's patch or the bikies or Spider Boys will come after you).

If you are a culture vulture Melbourne or Sydney would be for you but don't forget Perth has the Perth Festival every year which attracts excellent performers and artists from all over the world.

The weather is superb, today it's going to be 23 Degrees & its winter don't forget.

I've only been here about 4 months and can't see myself getting bored with this place but, who knows in a few years I might start feeling the "cabin fever" that some experience.

Finally, I've become strangely attracted to watching channel 21 on Foxtel where they have loads of programs from the UK and find myself thinking about how beautiful the British countryside is, programmes like Return to River Cottage and Nick Nairn's show set in Scotland. Could this be the start of homesickness?

Never been to Adelaide but I'm sure it's lovely. I would say it too is pretty isolated though.

Dan
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by renth
Perth is a beautiful city and the countryside to the south is a lovely place to visit. Further afield Ningaloo is, for me, one of the best places I've ever been.

Dan
It's a long time since I was in Perth (but I found it a great city I was their for about 3 weeks) but I'm doing the whole of the West coast from Darwin down to Perth (and may be further south) later on this year. Spend most of my time when not on this site researching it on the internet (compliments of gov high speed connection (mustn't forget to wind up PB and Wilf)).

I think Perth and Brisbane have alot in common, very similair climates, about the same size, roughly the same prices, but I've no regrets picking Brisbane as you haven't picking Perth, their is just so much to see and do out here it's mind blowing.

Enjoy Paul
Old Jun 20th 2003, 1:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a long time since I was in Perth (but I found it a great city I was their for about 3 weeks) but I'm doing the whole of the West coast from Darwin down to Perth (and may be further south) later on this year. Spend most of my time when not on this site researching it on the internet (compliments of gov high speed connection (mustn't forget to wind up PB and Wilf)).

I think Perth and Brisbane have alot in common, very similair climates, about the same size, roughly the same prices, but I've no regrets picking Brisbane as you haven't picking Perth, their is just so much to see and do out here it's mind blowing.

Enjoy Paul
You are backpacking round on government money earned on 3 month contracts, buying steak and chips for one, and living out of the back of a camper van, and you are giving advice about Oz to people with families to keep and proper jobs to get?

Anyone who listens to your student backpacker trash is an idiot.
Old Jun 20th 2003, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

adelaidegirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I've lived in Adelaide since 1990 and love it, mainly for the affordable housing, beautiful uncrowded beaches (not counting the main beach at Glenelg!) the Adelaide hills, lots of restaurants and cinemas, great for sporting enthusiasts, and a myriad of other reasons. I'd disagree to an extent with a previous poster that the weather is like England, it can be chilly and wet in Winter (it certainly is this year, the coldest I remember for June) but the rest of the year is warm to hot, and sunny nearly every day.

After saying all that, I've visited Perth and if I'd gone there first I think I would have been just as happy, the Swan River is beautiful, the city centre had that Adelaide small town feel, and the housing estates that we saw all looked very attractive. We did consider Perth when we were first thinking of emigrating, but it seemed too isolated from the rest of Australia. Now I think that doesn't matter, most people don't venture far from where they live anyway, and for holidays you can always hop on a plane!

That's just my two bobs worth anyway, I'm not asking anyone to agree with me. adelaidegirl
Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:00 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

kiwi p you sure you have been to adelaide, ?????to much like the english weather you got away from , like 40degc+ in summer, and the coldest it gets in winter 1degc , typical english weather, the difference between Perth & Adelaide weather is minimal, Adelaide is hotter in jan /feb, isolated, ? you can do an easy drive to melbourne in 9hrs [800km], but thats if you would ever want to go there.................. MM
Old Jun 20th 2003, 11:07 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by kevpreece
i must admit,i am more swayed towards adelaide for the above reason.

kev
ditto

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.