Adelaide Update

Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide Update

Email from my agent:

have spoken to the High Commission and they advise that they cannot categorically state which clients' files will be sent to Adelaide till the end of the month when letters advising will all have been sent - we have today received several letters for some of our clients transferring them to Adelaide and they were all lodged in October 2001. She did advise that in all probability yours would be staying in London as it was so near to completion, but she warned it would depend on numbers - I guess they want to whittle it down to so many cases left in London.

This last bit pertains to the medicals and police checks which we sent last week:

They would not confirm whether they had received the documents as they were working on end of August/beginning of September's post, but as they were sent down Special Delivery it is safe to assume that they are in the system.
Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:15 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Update

See my post at this url for our understanding of the situation:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=103433

Best regards.

Originally posted by Grub:
Email from my agent:

have spoken to the High Commission and they advise that they cannot categorically state which clients' files will be sent to Adelaide till the end of the month when letters advising will all have been sent - we have today received several letters for some of our clients transferring them to Adelaide and they were all lodged in October 2001. She did advise that in all probability yours would be staying in London as it was so near to completion, but she warned it would depend on numbers - I guess they want to whittle it down to so many cases left in London.

This last bit pertains to the medicals and police checks which we sent last week:

They would not confirm whether they had received the documents as they were working on end of August/beginning of September's post, but as they were sent down Special Delivery it is safe to assume that they are in the system.
Old Oct 17th 2002, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Alan

Just goes to show that you know much more than our agents who we have paid nigh on £3k to. When i get my visa (touch wood) there will be hell to pay......
Old Oct 17th 2002, 8:01 pm
Still Waiting

RICK is an unknown quantity at this point

Email from my agent:

Grub,
We lodged in July 2001 AHC. We have had our medicals done, awaiting the blood tests, (on our own back) thought we would front end them. Our question is, do we send them to AHC or wait to hear if our application is going to Adelaide? It frightens me that AHC are only just opening mail for Aug / Sept. If we sent them to AHC, it could be that our application gets shipped to Adelaide and our police checks and medicals are sitting in london waiting to be opened. Any thoughts!!
P.S we are going to locate in Sydney, anyone else going to Central Coast?

Good luck Mate,
RICK
Old Oct 18th 2002, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Rick
If i were you i would wait for your magical letter which will tell you if your case is to go to Adelaide (I think considering you are Aug it is liekly) then send them. Alternatively phone the HC and ask their advice. Always send special delivery and put your team and case number on the front.
Cheers
Good luck
Nicky
Old Oct 18th 2002, 8:09 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I agree Nicky. The letters for those affected should be issued in the next few days (there's a post I've seen on another thread where the letter advising the transfer to Adelaide has been received already) - wait for a couple of weeks and send the medicals to London/Adelaide as appropriate.

Regards.

Rick
If i were you i would wait for your magical letter which will tell you if your case is to go to Adelaide (I think considering you are Aug it is liekly) then send them. Alternatively phone the HC and ask their advice. Always send special delivery and put your team and case number on the front.
Cheers
Good luck
Nicky
Old Oct 18th 2002, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

WARDY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett:
I agree Nicky. The letters for those affected should be issued in the next few days (there's a post I've seen on another thread where the letter advising the transfer to Adelaide has been received already) - wait for a couple of weeks and send the medicals to London/Adelaide as appropriate.

Regards.

I had a letter from AHC when I got home yesterday; our file is off on a trip to Adelaide. There is also a paragraph confirming that all correspondence etc I have sent in subsequently has gone with the file - looks like a fairly standard letter.

There is also a bit in bold advising not to phone Adelaide to see if they've had the file - they must know what us lot are like!!

Caryn
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

No letter yet.............

Mash...

Originally posted by WARDY:

I had a letter from AHC when I got home yesterday; our file is off on a trip to Adelaide. There is also a paragraph confirming that all correspondence etc I have sent in subsequently has gone with the file - looks like a fairly standard letter.

There is also a bit in bold advising not to phone Adelaide to see if they've had the file - they must know what us lot are like!!

Caryn
Old Oct 18th 2002, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Postie Postie Dont delay
Eat your frosties on the way!!

None for me yet either Mash!
Old Oct 19th 2002, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Got my letter - My file's off to Adelaide...

Mash.....

Postie Postie Dont delay
Eat your frosties on the way!!

None for me yet either Mash!
Old Oct 20th 2002, 10:42 am
Still Waiting

RICK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mashiraz:
Got my letter - My file's off to Adelaide...

Mash.....

Mash, good luck with it. We have still not heard yet and we applied July 2001.
Are you using an agent? We are, so are assuming that correspondance from AHC will go to them first, then on to us. Which could be the delay in us not having heard anything yet, or worse still our application will be dealt with in London...... If the latter is the case, going by past timings, those sent to Adelaide will be processed quicker than go - slow London applications.
Keep us informed of your news.
Regards, RICK
Old Oct 20th 2002, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by RICK:
Mash, good luck with it. We have still not heard yet and we applied July 2001.
Are you using an agent? We are, so are assuming that correspondance from AHC will go to them first, then on to us. Which could be the delay in us not having heard anything yet, or worse still our application will be dealt with in London...... If the latter is the case, going by past timings, those sent to Adelaide will be processed quicker than go - slow London applications.
Keep us informed of your news.
Regards, RICK
Hi

We also applied July 2001 and Our agent informed us that Our application Will be going to Adelaide and the time will more than likely still be 20 mnts, at least We know now!!!

Sharon xx
Old Oct 21st 2002, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

As the HC seem to be contacting agents rather than people direct i think i will have to contact them myself. 4 Corners have been on this forum and seen my somewhat slanderous postings- nothing i wuldnt say to their face but was rather hoping to have the sticker in the passport before i said them!!

Oops
Old Oct 21st 2002, 9:02 am
Melbourne here we come..

madmorgans is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Adelaide Update

As the HC seem to be contacting agents rather than people direct i think i will have to contact them myself. 4 Corners have been on this forum and seen my somewhat slanderous postings- nothing i wuldnt say to their face but was rather hoping to have the sticker in the passport before i said them!!

Oops
Thanks to reading this newsgroup - avidly!!! I was not too surprised this morning when a little white letter with Australian High Commission plastered all over it dropped onto my door mat!

Yes we are one of the lucky/unlucky ones to have our assessments passed over to Adelaide. Lets hope we have moved further up the pecking order - we applied Oct 2001!! Come on Adelaide.

Cheers everyone and good luck!

Simone

P S We submitted all of our medical records/police checks at the same time as application (Oct 2001) does anyone know whether we will have to pay AGAIN as the years validilty is up!! Please help!