Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Test - who's all coming? What you wearing?

Adelaide Test - who's all coming? What you wearing?

Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:44 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adelaide Test - who's all coming? What you wearing? What songs?

Been waiting six months for this week and I'm gonna go and get those tickets out of the safe pretty soon.

We are in the front row on the east side - main road entrance near the bridge, six of us, three English expats, a sweaty sock and two Aussies.

We've been trying to sort out our attire for months but we've left it late now. We were going to go for silly slogan T shirts and watermelon hats but it's been done before.

What slogan should I use? My surname is Brown so I might be Brownie Army. I also thought of "It's Cricket, but not as we know it...!" along with "Please send body bags", or "Send Reinforcements". What about "Oooh Agh PANESAR". Need to see if he's picked.

What are you wearing? Where are you sitting? How many Barmy Army will be there? How are you going to beat the system and get your grog or trumpet into the ground?

See you Friday (and Saturday)

Let us pray

Brownie Army

Last edited by rab; Nov 26th 2006 at 10:27 am. Reason: changed title
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:50 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Adelaide Test - who's all coming? What you wearing?

Originally Posted by rab
Been waiting six months for this week and I'm gonna go and get those tickets out of the safe pretty soon.

We are in the front row on the east side - main road entrance near the bridge, six of us, three English expats, a sweaty sock and two Aussies.

We've been trying to sort out our attire for months but we've left it late now. We were going to go for silly slogan T shirts and watermelon hats but it's been done before.

What slogan should I use? My surname is Brown so I might be Brownie Army. I also thought of "It's Cricket, but not as we know it...!" along with "Please send body bags", or "Send Reinforcements". What about "Oooh Agh PANESAR". Need to see if he's picked.

What are you wearing? Where are you sitting? How many Barmy Army will be there? How are you going to beat the system and get your grog or trumpet into the ground?

Let us pray

Brownie Army
Iwas at the gabba saturday mate learn your lines you will be singing all day i sh**ged matilda old mc donald had a farm you fat b*****tad who aet all the pies and more cant speak at the moment was good wear whot you want as long as its not green and gold ENJOY
Old Nov 26th 2006, 9:58 am
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wintersgills
Iwas at the gabba saturday mate learn your lines you will be singing all day i sh**ged matilda old mc donald had a farm you fat b*****tad who aet all the pies and more cant speak at the moment was good wear whot you want as long as its not green and gold ENJOY
I think there's a lot more GENERAL ADMISSION at Adelaide Oval so the Barmy Army should get chance to congregate better.

We'll be in good seats so we'll stay there, but it'll be nice to get the songs going.

- And did those feet .... de dum de dum - .....
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rab
I think there's a lot more GENERAL ADMISSION at Adelaide Oval so the Barmy Army should get chance to congregate better.

We'll be in good seats so we'll stay there, but it'll be nice to get the songs going.

- And did those feet .... de dum de dum - .....
OH YES
Old Nov 26th 2006, 10:25 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

How about that all time classsic from the Aussie fans.

What do we want?

The Ashes

When do we want them?

Now!

It must have taken them months to think of that one.

So creative.
Old Nov 26th 2006, 5:43 pm
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

My brother is flying in from England for this one.... be nice. Its his first time in oz. He doesn't know how hard you all drink Although he is a veteran of one dayers so he has practised.

Have a great day

Kaye
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by wardy2
My brother is flying in from England for this one.... be nice. Its his first time in oz. He doesn't know how hard you all drink Although he is a veteran of one dayers so he has practised.

Have a great day

Kaye
How hard they all drink their mid strength.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:04 am
rab
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rossifumi
How hard they all drink their mid strength.
I think the beer is Kaliber type shit with no alcohol or very little.

Is anyone else comning on Saturday. Apparently the Gabba was packed with Barmy Armny today and it's going to be the same on Friday and Saturday here.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by rab
I think the beer is Kaliber type shit with no alcohol or very little.

Is anyone else comning on Saturday. Apparently the Gabba was packed with Barmy Armny today and it's going to be the same on Friday and Saturday here.
164,000 over the 5 days.

It was general admission today so I suppose they all sat together.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 1:20 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide Test - who's all coming? What you wearing? What songs?

Originally Posted by rab

Let us pray

Brownie Army
I thought the Tri Nations finished last week and the Aussies won it? :scared: