Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide to Sydney....single woman!

Adelaide to Sydney....single woman!

Old Mar 17th 2008, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Adelaide to Sydney....single woman!

hello! I posted a thread on here a while ago, currently in Adelaide on 495 waiting fro my PR which should be through in 3-4 months. Though I have mates a job and a life here In Adelaide I do feel that its not the place to be single, in fact Im just not really sure its me at all....

I love Sydney, but know its the most expensive city to live in....but helll you only live once...and coming all this way I might as well be where I want to be, Im a social worker with many years experience so a job shouldn't be a prob....

My questions are:
Has anyone else made the move on their own? or not?
Are there lots of singles in Sydney? late 30s and up?
Are there affordable rentals about? not too far out?
Grateful for all your thoughts!
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide to Sydney....single woman!

Me and my girlfriend are moving to Sydney in May and she will need to make friends. We are both 38 and i will be working away from home a lot so if you want to get in touch please pm me
Old Mar 22nd 2008, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

milly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to allmilly123 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde
hello! I posted a thread on here a while ago, currently in Adelaide on 495 waiting fro my PR which should be through in 3-4 months. Though I have mates a job and a life here In Adelaide I do feel that its not the place to be single, in fact Im just not really sure its me at all....

I love Sydney, but know its the most expensive city to live in....but helll you only live once...and coming all this way I might as well be where I want to be, Im a social worker with many years experience so a job shouldn't be a prob....

My questions are:
Hi, is that you Jackie..
Are you really thinking of Sydney, Has Jackie not told you we are also thinking of the move there...Zoe
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 8:54 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

You would have no problems setting up a life here.
What do you regard as a reasonable rent? An OK 2 bed apartment around Bondi Beach goes for 400 to 450 a week these days.

Originally Posted by pompeyblonde

My questions are: