Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Suburbs

Adelaide Suburbs

Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:47 am
kingofcats2005

Default Adelaide Suburbs

Hi
Just found this site - everyone seems really supportive and friendly! Moving to Adelaide early 2005 - does anyone know the best areas in Adelaide. I've heard there are some really dodgy areas there - we'll just be renting but still don't want hoons burning cars outside my door!
Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Forewarned is forearmed!
Dave

Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:11 am
wombat42

Default Re: Adelaide Suburbs

Originally Posted by kingofcats2005
Hi
Just found this site - everyone seems really supportive and friendly! Moving to Adelaide early 2005 - does anyone know the best areas in Adelaide. I've heard there are some really dodgy areas there - we'll just be renting but still don't want hoons burning cars outside my door!
Dave
l don't think there are any really dodgy areas in Adelaide, well not compared to Sydney, London or New York. The Outer Northern suburbs such as Elizabeth have high youth unemployment and are a bit rough, but l would'nt be affraid to walk the streets there. The nicest suburbs or areas in Adelaide
are North Adelaide just north of the city and the Eastern Suburbs , which have tree lined leafy streets and plenty of parks , such as Norwood, St.Peters
Kensigton, further out there are some nice suburbs near the Adelaide hills, such as Stonyfell.

Old Oct 27th 2004, 4:13 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

take a look at our website specifically for people going to Adelaide. Theres a whole section on the merits of various different suburbs and everythng else you want to know about Adelaide.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...ex.php?act=idx
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:44 am
jjj
Forum Regular

jjj is on a distinguished road

Does anyone know what Morphet Vale is like?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:09 am
kingofcats2005

cheers - will check out the Adelaide brits site later today. I've been trawling the internet trying to find info on various places further down the coast -places like noarlunga and christies beach etc but not having much luck - the beaches there look amazing. Is there anyone on here living in that area? Not too fussy-just want to know really if its half decent and trouble free - but difficult to make a decision. Thanks in advance and will check out the Adelaide site.
Dave

Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

gedngill is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Adelaide Suburbs

Hi
Dave
Hi kingofcats
we're looking to go to adelaide ourselves as old work mate has been there since april 2003, he recommended BLACKWOOD area and adelaide hills as he's in upper sturt with his wife and 3 young children and they're all loving it.

best of luck with your move + hope this is any help.

we've a long way to go
Old Oct 27th 2004, 8:58 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Dave
Adelaide is probably one of Australia's least dodgy cities. In fact it has a reputation for being positively sedate.

The centre of the city is surrounded by green parks, and there's a long coastal strip with a lot of suburbs backing up to it. To the East is the picturesque Adelaide Hills and to the North is the world famous Barossa Valley with it's wine growers. Further to the North and North East, you don't have to go all that far before you get to the desert and the beautiful Flinder's Ranges. To the south are some picturesque coastal towns and the amazing Kangaroo Island.

PS Welcome to the forum!

Last edited by tonyk38; Oct 27th 2004 at 9:45 pm.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:18 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Kingofcats is officially a troll...dont rise! Rememebr zippygeorgebungle yesterday? It is one and the same!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:21 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Dave
Dave
My son lives in Norwood which is very nice and near the city centre. We may well be moving there soon.

I am told it is expensive but to be honest I thought most of the nice suburbs we visited (didn't go to them all) were just as expensive (or cheap depending on your perspective).

Good luck

G
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:39 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Adelaide is probably one of Adelaide's least dodgy cities. In fact it has a reputation for being positively sedate.

PS Welcome to the forum!
Although many people say Adelaide does have a Dark Side,
Read the link below. " Adelaide city of Corpses" :scared: :scared: :scared:

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...corpses_1.html

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:51 pm
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lucyb
Kingofcats is officially a troll...dont rise! Rememebr zippygeorgebungle yesterday? It is one and the same!
I'm dead curious to know how you know that?
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by wombat42

Sounds like a typical week in my old neighbourhood in London!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Where in London are you from Tony?.. i hail from Harrow (well..Pinner to be exact)
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:58 pm

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by wombat42

Blimey! Harrowing reading considering Adelaide was the only city in Oz which was not a penal settlement (why does that always sound vaguely rude? ) I still love it there though! In my nice quiet village in Sussex, a 21 year old chav stabbed her next door neighbour on her doorstep a few weeks ago. Nice. It happens everywhere. Ban the Burberry, that's what I say!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:01 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Where in London are you from Tony?.. i hail from Harrow (well..Pinner to be exact)
I was born in Willesden, just down the road from Harrow/Pinner and grew up in Clapham, a stone's throw from Stockwell which I think I'm right in saying had the highest murder rate in the UK when I lived there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.