Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide and South Australia

Adelaide and South Australia

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:28 am
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide and South Australia

I read it was the coldest winter on record!!!

or coldest August or summat like that - bloody typical if you ask me - but loving this 'spring' walking on the beach almost everyday/seeing dolphins all the time = lovin it!

Originally Posted by Wendy
It has been a particularly cold winter this year - the coldest for 6 years I think they said.
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katsmajic
I read it was the coldest winter on record!!!

or coldest August or summat like that - bloody typical if you ask me - but loving this 'spring' walking on the beach almost everyday/seeing dolphins all the time = lovin it!

It could be, I only half listen to the radio
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Wendy
I am starting a new one tomorrow - working for the council at the Anzac Highway underpass. I only temp for talent2 at the minute, but am waiting for a permanent job to come up at the Trading Post as they were really impressed with me. Just need someone to leave first

Hows things for you?
Hello Wendy... sorry to gatecrash the thread, i'm moving to Adelaide from the UK on the 9th Nov. Do you have any details to hand of temping agencies? that you could maybe pm me? it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wats123
Hello Wendy... sorry to gatecrash the thread, i'm moving to Adelaide from the UK on the 9th Nov. Do you have any details to hand of temping agencies? that you could maybe pm me? it would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Ahh, so there is someone from here going to Adelaide as well then! lol
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

wats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant futurewats123 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by xzibit
Ahh, so there is someone from here going to Adelaide as well then! lol
Yes mate, I remember you for the official loners, have you any news on your visa yet?
Old Oct 22nd 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wats123
Yes mate, I remember you for the official loners, have you any news on your visa yet?
Got my med exam friday, just got my pcc back today, so hopefully in the next month or two I should hear something!!!
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by xzibit
Got my med exam friday, just got my pcc back today, so hopefully in the next month or two I should hear something!!!
Good luck, hope it goes ok for you
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 12:13 pm
Loving it in SA

Katsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond reputeKatsmajics other half !!! has a reputation beyond repute

You know what its.........................................

HEAPS GOOD !!!!
Old Oct 26th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

zoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the roughzoe13 is a jewel in the rough

we just left adelaide after 3 years. the reason we left wasnt really because of adelaide itself, just family and job situation. so we are now in perth. it took me a while to grow into adelaide, mainly cos the only other place in oz i had stayed in was perth. in comparison it just seemed a bit lacking.. bit older, bit tatty, smaller... however i grew to like it for what it was. it was nice that it was quite small and relatively quiet on the roads - although the 60kmh is annoying, there are too many traffic lights and too many railway crossings and the tarmac quality is crap! i would liken it to your favourite old aunt.. bit old, got some strange ideas on things but is lovely for it.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Dont want to throw a spanner in the works but my Aunt from Adelaide wrote me a letter and rang me yesterday - telling me not to come to Adelaide - yes beautiful place, nice weather (most of the time), cheap housing, cost of living is better - however there are no jobs!!!!! She tells me (and this is not me but from someone who lived there for as long as I can remember) that the teachers, hospitals, jail staff are all striking cos of the crap wages (so your kids wont get taught, crims are rioting etc) - lots of manufacturing companies (eg car companies) are shutting down and that this year has seen the worst drought ever - Now i'm also sure she wasnt just saying that just so I dont go and live near her
Old Oct 26th 2008, 2:51 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE= - Now i'm also sure she wasnt just saying that just so I dont go and live near her [/QUOTE]

Yes she was...............mm
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:24 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Yes manufacturing is suffering - but isnt it everywhere else in the world - whilst numpty bosses send all the work to china...

theres plenty of manufacturing jobs in the north of adelaide, very little in the south tbh, my oh is sick of the trade now anyway and is looking at other avenues.

Drought - yep, weve been to see the resevior and it looked pretty empty, was at 26%, but apparently its at 80% full now, but alot of the agriculture has been irrapairably damaged so new initiatives are being looked into. Our neighbour is a agricultural boss - says were in for a worse (hot) summer than ever...worse than last year he reckons...lots of worry in that dept too.

As for teachers striking - they say theyre underpaid - hrm well what ive seen advertised (salary wise) theyre on a damn sight more than uk teachers!
Nurses are safe...and paid well!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Thanks for all your replies. But now we are looking to move to Melbourne. Knowing us it will be the North Pole next!

Thanks again
Seayork2002
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Thanks for all your replies. But now we are looking to move to Melbourne. Knowing us it will be the North Pole next!

Thanks again
Seayork2002
Same here Seayork2002 - have to say Adelaide looks so pretty though!!!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I agree my heart say Adelaide but my head says Melbourne. I spent many lovely times as a kid in Adelaide but I love the food in Melbourne (I am obsessed by food! - but no that is not the reason I am moving there though!)

Originally Posted by Capt Emz I Think
Same here Seayork2002 - have to say Adelaide looks so pretty though!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.