British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Is Adelaide really taking 50 weeks ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/adelaide-really-taking-50-weeks-109586/)

iancurtis Jul 18th 2002 12:11 pm

Is Adelaide really taking 50 weeks ?

Hi,

Is it really taking 50 weeks to get avisa from Adelaide ? If not, then what is a reasonable expectation. We applied in May 2002.

Thanks.

dani Jul 18th 2002 12:22 pm

Re: Is Adelaide really taking 50 weeks ?

I don't know how long it will take from now but I do know that they are looking at my medicals - my x-ray film was 'lost' turns out it' s in my file at my migration agents! (An extremely long story)

I applied Jan 2002 non IT or MODL. My CV is on Skills Matching database and I received an e-mail from SA Immigration welcoming me if I choose to go there!!

We live in hope it will not be too long!

Dani

john2 Jul 18th 2002 1:30 pm

I too applied in May 2002, Non IT. Have you got your acknowledgement? I have not had any luck so far. Just dont understand how those applying in June have got theirs

John

iancurtis Jul 18th 2002 2:28 pm

No, we haven't had an acknowledgement yet but the CC was debited.

Colin Jul 18th 2002 3:20 pm

Dani,

Out of interest, what do you do for a living?

Colin

baldbutts Jul 18th 2002 3:32 pm

50 weeks- is that all?just pray that when AHC London finally finish our applications that they're not job transferred to Adelaide.
Keep smiling
MARK

dazzx6r Jul 18th 2002 4:24 pm

We have also had a reply from Adelaide (by post though) wishing us well in our application and hoping that we'll choose SA as our prefered destination! We applied April 2002.

"Dani" saw your post on CV'S on the data base I have looked at the link but can't seem to find out whether they have mine on there.
Adelaide sent us a leaflet on skill matching along with other info on Adelaide (I did fill in the skills matching bit on our application) so does this mean that I could get skill matched then?

T.I.A.

Daz

Snickers Jul 18th 2002 5:07 pm

Daz

It looks like SA will offer you STNI as they have with us, we applied 18 April 02, by 30 May we were on the scheme and now they want police checks and medicals back by 29 August.
Medicals next tuesday 23 July just the effing police checks.

George Lombard Jul 18th 2002 6:20 pm

Hi Ian,

The problem is that Adelaide hasn't been doing these cases for 50 weeks (it's only
about 36 since November last year) so it's impossible to know what the processing
average will be. But with the merging of the IT and non-IT queues things are not so
bad for non-IT cases. If nurses are the only cases given priority that makes a very
small difference to the processing time for everyone else.

Cheers

George Lombard

www.austimmigration.com.au iancurtis wrote in message
<[email protected]>...
    >Hi,
    >
    >Is it really taking 50 weeks to get avisa from Adelaide ? If not, then what is a
    >reasonable expectation. We applied in May 2002.
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >--

dani Jul 18th 2002 6:46 pm

Colin,

I am a Chiropodist/Podiatrist

Dani

kernowjmh23 Jul 18th 2002 8:19 pm

And as a nurse applying for pr how pleased am I about that fast-track ministerial direction!! Applied in early May so should be interesting to see just how long it takes - given there appears to be far less nurses on this site than IT folk...

Snickers Jul 18th 2002 8:46 pm

Good onya,
Somebody must have seen sense, perhaps they will get more nurses in now to look after all the square eyes when they get Repetetive Stress. Syndrome.

dani Jul 20th 2002 9:39 am

Daz,

I guess if you filled out Skills Matching part of application form your effectively advertising yourself for work and will be included in the database - eventually!

I applied in January and only noticed my CV on database in early July, so keep checking.

Dani

Guneet Jul 22nd 2002 4:26 am

Could i have the link, where i can check the skill matching database...

thanks in advance.

Guneet