Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide processing non- IT'ers is this fair

Adelaide processing non- IT'ers is this fair

Old Mar 15th 2002, 5:53 pm
simon

Default Adelaide processing non- IT'ers is this fair

Just been looking at the timeline website. It seems that those people who applied to Adelaide over a year later than some who applied to London, are already being dealt with.

Excluding the IT'ers i've found a painter and decorator who applied on 1 Nov 2001, and had a request for medicals on 12 Nov 2001, an Electronic Instruments T person (Special Class) and a chartered accountant. We applied in Jan 2001, 10 months earlier and have heard absolutely nothing since getting our file number.
Can this be right?

Old Mar 15th 2002, 9:43 pm
ndaltonb

Default Re: Adelaide processing non- IT'ers is this fair

Simon.

No it's not fair but hey, neither is life. I'm well pissed off myself and I agree with you. We applied June 2001.

I've decided not to get wound up by other's good fortune and wish them well. All I'm focused on is getting closer to my visa.

Hope this helps and sound off whenever you want. I certainly need to blow my lid on this board now and again.

Hang in there

Nigel db

Originally posted by simon
Just been looking at the timeline website. It seems that those people who applied to Adelaide over a year later than some who applied to London, are already being dealt with.

Excluding the IT'ers i've found a painter and decorator who applied on 1 Nov 2001, and had a request for medicals on 12 Nov 2001, an Electronic Instruments T person (Special Class) and a chartered accountant. We applied in Jan 2001, 10 months earlier and have heard absolutely nothing since getting our file number.
Can this be right?

Old Mar 15th 2002, 9:48 pm
col
BE Enthusiast

col is an unknown quantity at this point

Totally agree I'm starting to learn the method whether I can wait that's a different mater!!!!!
Old Mar 17th 2002, 7:35 am
Jaj

It's not fair, but I would make two points:

1. It's never been the case that all visa offices were issuing visas at the same
speed. Some were quicker, some slower and the quick/slow list sometimes changed
over time. It's only recently that people have been able to use the net (without
using agents) to 'observe' how fast or slow visa processing elsewhere is.

2. It at least shows there is room available within the overall program for non-IT
people, and that visas are still being issued to non-ITers. At some point when
the next quotas of visas are given out by Canberra, the overseas offices like
London and Berlin should have enough visas to cut into their backlog. And there
can't be many more IT people left in these offshore offices.

Jeremy

>On 15 Mar 2002 17:03:06 -0600, ndaltonb <[email protected]> wrote:

>simon wrote:
    > > Just been looking at the timeline website. It seems that those people who
    > > applied to Adelaide over a year later than some who applied to London, are
    > > already being dealt with. Excluding the IT'ers i've found a painter and
    > > decorator who applied on 1 Nov 2001, and had a request for medicals on 12 Nov
    > > 2001, an Electronic Instruments T person (Special Class) and a chartered
    > > accountant. We applied in Jan 2001, 10 months earlier and have heard absolutely
    > > nothing since getting our file number. Can this be right?
    >
    >Simon.
    >
    >No it's not fair but hey, neither is life. I'm well pissed off myself and I agree
    >with you. We applied June 2001.
    >
    >I've decided not to get wound up by other's good fortune and wish them well. All I'm
    >focused on is getting closer to my visa.
    >
    >Hope this helps and sound off whenever you want. I certainly need to blow my lid on
    >this board now and again.
    >
    >Hang in there
    >
    >Nigel db
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >ndaltonb
    >
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 18th 2002, 9:05 am
Ahmet Metin

Yes, there shouldn't much more ITers in offshore offices. But, I am one of the
remaining ITers caught to Visa Cap in Ankara And I am so frustured that i have fear
when new Visas are available I will still won't get my Visa I don't know why!

[email protected] (JAJ) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > It's not fair, but I would make two points:
    >
    > 1. It's never been the case that all visa offices were issuing visas at the same
    > speed. Some were quicker, some slower and the quick/slow list sometimes
    > changed over time. It's only recently that people have been able to use the
    > net (without using agents) to 'observe' how fast or slow visa processing
    > elsewhere is.
    >
    > 2. It at least shows there is room available within the overall program for non-IT
    > people, and that visas are still being issued to non-ITers. At some point when
    > the next quotas of visas are given out by Canberra, the overseas offices like
    > London and Berlin should have enough visas to cut into their backlog. And there
    > can't be many more IT people left in these offshore offices.
    >
    > Jeremy
    >
    > >On 15 Mar 2002 17:03:06 -0600, ndaltonb <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >simon wrote:
    > > > Just been looking at the timeline website. It seems that those people who
    > > > applied to Adelaide over a year later than some who applied to London, are
    > > > already being dealt with. Excluding the IT'ers i've found a painter and
    > > > decorator who applied on 1 Nov 2001, and had a request for medicals on 12 Nov
    > > > 2001, an Electronic Instruments T person (Special Class) and a chartered
    > > > accountant. We applied in Jan 2001, 10 months earlier and have heard
    > > > absolutely nothing since getting our file number. Can this be right?
    > >
    > >Simon.
    > >
    > >No it's not fair but hey, neither is life. I'm well pissed off myself and I agree
    > >with you. We applied June 2001.
    > >
    > >I've decided not to get wound up by other's good fortune and wish them well. All
    > >I'm focused on is getting closer to my visa.
    > >
    > >Hope this helps and sound off whenever you want. I certainly need to blow my lid
    > >on this board now and again.
    > >
    > >Hang in there
    > >
    > >Nigel db
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >--
    > >ndaltonb
    > >