Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Newspaper Private Accommodation Adverts on the Internet?

Adelaide Newspaper Private Accommodation Adverts on the Internet?

Old May 2nd 2009, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

ramlmmjem is on a distinguished road
Default Adelaide Newspaper Private Accommodation Adverts on the Internet?

I'm flying out to Adelaide at the end of May and am trying to organise some medium-term furnished and reasonably priced accommodation for the two of us when we arrive. Estate agents seem reluctant to lease on-line and sight-unseen (not sure whetehr that refers to the property or me!) so I'm looking for alternatives.

When we were there before, we noted that the local newspaper had a lot of rental propoerties in its private ads section, but as far as I can see, the only internet link they have into rentals takes you into the estate agents' search engines.

Doe anyone in Adelaide know of a link into the local paper's private adverts?

Indeed, any thoughts on where to find a good selection of furnished property in the city and surrounding suburbs would be welcomed!

Many thanks in advance.

Alistair
Old May 2nd 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide Newspaper Private Accommodation Adverts on the Internet?

Originally Posted by ramlmmjem
I'm flying out to Adelaide at the end of May and am trying to organise some medium-term furnished and reasonably priced accommodation for the two of us when we arrive. Estate agents seem reluctant to lease on-line and sight-unseen (not sure whetehr that refers to the property or me!) so I'm looking for alternatives.

When we were there before, we noted that the local newspaper had a lot of rental propoerties in its private ads section, but as far as I can see, the only internet link they have into rentals takes you into the estate agents' search engines.

Indeed, any thoughts on where to find a good selection of furnished property in the city and surrounding suburbs would be welcomed!

Many thanks in advance.

Alistair
The SA Government provides on arrival accomodation for new immigrants for a fee. Have a look at http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/centr...ble_to_use.jsp for more info.

You're probably better off not getting yourself tied in to longer term accomodation until you know where you want to be in Adelaide. Another short term alternative is getting a holiday apartment for a few weeks until you get on your feet.

The majority or rentals put through estate agents oiver here are unfurnished. Hence why going for a holiday let or OOA may be your best bet.

Good luck

Steve
Old May 3rd 2009, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Iwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud ofIwannabethere has much to be proud of

Try www.stayz.com.au . Many offer discounts for longer stays too.
Old May 3rd 2009, 1:55 am
ABCDiamond

For furnished, how about...

Morphett Vale, Adelaide, South Australia
http://www.roorentals.com.au
Fully furnished Short term lets. Ideal for emigrating families, ...... etc

Old May 3rd 2009, 11:41 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ramlmmjem

Many thanks in advance.

Alistair
www.adelaideexchange.com.au
www.news.com.au/adelaidenow ..... click on classifieds

Private advertisers are more likely to go for someone that is local or can move in pretty much straight away. You would need to ensure that they complied with the relevent legislation (to cover yourself) and filled in the appropriate agreements. Alot now ask for references as well.