Adelaide for Kids?

Adelaide for Kids?

Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:47 am
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide for Kids?

Hi all
I'm visiting Adelaide during easter hols and looking for ideas for places to go/things to do with kids. They're 6 and 2 and apart from the Zoo, i cant think where else to take them! Any suggestions gratefully recieved

thanks

em
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hi Ems

Great place for a wet or cold day is Wiggly Worms in Glenelg... its an indoor play place for younger kids....i have my 2yr old grandaughter staying with me for a holiday and she loves it there.

Can i also suggest you pop over to the Adelaide Brits forum as lots of my friends there have young kiddies and i am sure they will have plenty of ideas too.

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide for Kids?

Originally posted by ems
Hi all
I'm visiting Adelaide during easter hols and looking for ideas for places to go/things to do with kids. They're 6 and 2 and apart from the Zoo, i cant think where else to take them! Any suggestions gratefully recieved

thanks

em

We went to the Urrimbirra (not sure about the spelling) wildlife park. It is on the road to Victor Harbour.
A very nice place where all the Kangaroos and Wallabies roam free and you can feed them and other animals.

You also get the chance to stroke the Koalas, which we all loved and our 3 year old even wanted to bring one home!

There is also Clevelands (again unsure on spelling). We didn't get to here but you are able to hold the Koalas and have photographs taken. I think that this one is on Mount Lofty (if I am wrong I'll know about it!) we did attempt to get there but we were hit by terrible fog half way up and turned back.

Adelaide Zoo was ok, but when we went the weather wasn't brilliant so some animals weren't out. They did have day old chicks, which you were able to hold.
Oh, for Adelaide Zoo there is a boat (The Popeye) that you can get along the River Torrens and takes you straight into the Zoo. Again, when we tried to do this it was a Sunday and the boat didn't run on Sundays!

Is this your first trip to Adelaide?
We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back, hopefully next year as permanent residents!
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

Servant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant futureServant24kids has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide for Kids?

Originally posted by Kelly T
We went to the Urrimbirra (not sure about the spelling) wildlife park. It is on the road to Victor Harbour.
A very nice place where all the Kangaroos and Wallabies roam free and you can feed them and other animals.

You also get the chance to stroke the Koalas, which we all loved and our 3 year old even wanted to bring one home!

There is also Clevelands (again unsure on spelling). We didn't get to here but you are able to hold the Koalas and have photographs taken. I think that this one is on Mount Lofty (if I am wrong I'll know about it!) we did attempt to get there but we were hit by terrible fog half way up and turned back.

Adelaide Zoo was ok, but when we went the weather wasn't brilliant so some animals weren't out. They did have day old chicks, which you were able to hold.
Oh, for Adelaide Zoo there is a boat (The Popeye) that you can get along the River Torrens and takes you straight into the Zoo. Again, when we tried to do this it was a Sunday and the boat didn't run on Sundays!

Is this your first trip to Adelaide?
We had a fantastic time and can't wait to go back, hopefully next year as permanent residents!
I'm pretty good at spelling - it is Urimbirra Wildlife Park and Cleland Wildlife Park. Haven't been to them ... but hope to in a couple of weeks' time

If you do a search on SA tourism, you can find out more. Victor Harbor do a good tourism site with kids in mind, if going in that direction.
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 8:18 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi,

There's also the Gorge wildlife park where you can hold the koalas (as long as it's not too hot - the wildlife parks don't bring them out if it's over 35 degrees).

For a passing visit there's Gumeracha, where there's the "biggest rocking horse in the world". You can climb up to the level of its rockers and there's a shop with lots of wooden toys to choose from.

Have a great time!

Elaine
Old Mar 22nd 2004, 11:19 pm
ems
Forum Regular

ems is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
thanks for your replies, really excited about
going now, there seems loads to do

Will check out the adelaide brits forum too
Old Mar 23rd 2004, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

BookBear is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm looking forward to taking kids for picnics in Botanic Park just near the Botanic Gardens - it looks like a great family activity.