Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Originally posted by jacksoo
Looking to emigrate and thinking of Adelaide - great to hear so many positives. Lived near San Francisco for many years and looking for some place in Aus that offers similar life style - anyone here visited San Francisco and give feedback re life in Adelaide v San Fran and Nth California?
Just a comment.. I really like San Francisco great for a holiday lots to do....... as I have said befor Adelaide would be my choice if i was going to OZ.......... :lecture:
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:26 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad that you lot are so happy there, but Adelaide was definately not for us, can't explain why but didn't feel right.
Every state/ capital city in Oz is so diverse, theres got to something for everyone here i reckon!
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:35 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
I find it more than a coincidence that nearly everyone who has come out to Adelaide says the same thing about it. The ones who slag it off are those who dont live here!!

I get so much flack on here for my positive posts and happiness at being here...thank god you others feel the same, otherwise i would start doubting myself.

Some have said we are just in the "honeymoon" phase and it will wear off.
Not so... i have spoken to at least half a dozen couples who have been here many many years and all of them would not live anywhere else.

But i like Adelaide being Australias best kept secret...all the more spcae for us already here
Is this the PP Adelaide tourism bureau I hear again.
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by podgypossum
I find it more than a coincidence that nearly everyone who has come out to Adelaide says the same thing about it. The ones who slag it off are those who dont live here!!

I get so much flack on here for my positive posts and happiness at being here...thank god you others feel the same, otherwise i would start doubting myself.

Some have said we are just in the "honeymoon" phase and it will wear off.
Not so... i have spoken to at least half a dozen couples who have been here many many years and all of them would not live anywhere else.

But i like Adelaide being Australias best kept secret...all the more spcae for us already here
Hey PP It`s not nice here!! the beaches are crap etc etc now it`s you who`s trying to flood us.Please tell everyone it`s just not nice,not nice like romford at all
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

jacksoo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Originally posted by jeannie
Just a comment.. I really like San Francisco great for a holiday lots to do....... as I have said befor Adelaide would be my choice if i was going to OZ.......... :lecture:

Thanks Jeannie..,but could I push you to answer 'why?' I've tried locating some travelogue or good city/living guide to Adelaide but without much joy. As I've said, from what I do know, I think Adelaide offers something of the quality SF provided - there will of course always be those that prefer an LA style but for a family the needs are different.