Reload this Page >

Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:56 am
Just Joined

xcaretuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide "I'm loving it"

Hi Everyone,
Been here with my hubby and two teenager daughters since Jan 11th and we are loving it!

My hubby was lucky enough to get a job before we came so that was a great plus. We have bought a car and a house (Bryan's workmates think we are mad - but we don't care). House is in a suburb called Highbury 20 mins from city and near a beautiful park has trees out front and two resident Koala's nearby.

We have been to the beach and barbies with our friends we met through Expats and Adelaide Brits.

My sixteen year old girl started College on Wednesday and yesterday she phoned me up at 3.30pm to ask if she could go to the city with her new mates - great result!

My quiet 14 year old started Adelaide High and is full of it. Quotes so far - "Mum everyone is friendly", " they love my accent", "Mum can I join the volleyball club".

Early days I know, but we are throwing ourselves into the Ozzie lifestyle.

Will update you all as soon as I can as my computer has not arrived yet so am relying on internet cafe's.

Barb
Old Jan 30th 2004, 4:27 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adelaide "I'm loving it"

sounds like you're enjoying it just the same as we are, but in a different state!
good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

No, no, no Barb...you must not say things like htis in public anymore...the Adleaide Brits are trying to stop an onslaught of immigrants. If you keep saying how great it is, we;ll be deluged...tell them its horrid and you wish you hadnt come. Many thanx
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:53 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by podgypossum
No, no, no Barb...you must not say things like htis in public anymore...the Adleaide Brits are trying to stop an onslaught of immigrants. If you keep saying how great it is, we;ll be deluged...tell them its horrid and you wish you hadnt come. Many thanx
Give it time, still in holiday mode. Maybe a few more months?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:12 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

*chuckle* hate to tell you PP but myself and THREE other nurses off my ward are all coming to adelaide!!!!!!! one has landed, his girlfriend joins him in the next 3 months, another and her family go in 6 months and we hope to be there by end of year!!!!!
There will be more yorkshire accents in adelaide than Aussie ones!!

sue
Old Jan 30th 2004, 9:30 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
*chuckle* hate to tell you PP but myself and THREE other nurses off my ward are all coming to adelaide!!!!!!! one has landed, his girlfriend joins him in the next 3 months, another and her family go in 6 months and we hope to be there by end of year!!!!!
There will be more yorkshire accents in adelaide than Aussie ones!!

sue
you all tekkin' wippits lass???
Old Jan 30th 2004, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Sue...you should pop over and join Adelaide Brits...several are from Yorkshire...in fact nearly all of them are northerners...

Only me and one other couple from the south. (i think)

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

if you need any help we have started a help and info group and there will be a website up and running very soon.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Juls is an unknown quantity at this point

Here Here, keep it quiet will you, we don't want/need any more Brits, the ones we have are already lowering the tone. LMOA cus I'm one of them.

Not sure how the neighbours took it when we went outside screaming ENGLAND when we won the ruggers match. Don't care too much either, well maybe a little bit.

Juls
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:39 am
Brisbane

Trayla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Barb,

I don't know you, I don't know why!!

I thought I had all of the Adelaidebrits round my house last week.

You'll have to introduce yourself at the next picnic, in fact when is the next picnic??

PP we have some organising to do!!!!!!!

Trayla
Old Jan 30th 2004, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Kelly T is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to hear that everything is going so well and that you are all enjoying it.
We are hoping to be in Adelaide by mid-2005 and can't wait.
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

I find it more than a coincidence that nearly everyone who has come out to Adelaide says the same thing about it. The ones who slag it off are those who dont live here!!

I get so much flack on here for my positive posts and happiness at being here...thank god you others feel the same, otherwise i would start doubting myself.

Some have said we are just in the "honeymoon" phase and it will wear off.
Not so... i have spoken to at least half a dozen couples who have been here many many years and all of them would not live anywhere else.

But i like Adelaide being Australias best kept secret...all the more spcae for us already here
Old Jan 30th 2004, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

cordi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx Babs
I am glad you like it .I am going to be moving to Adelaide as my Husband and Daughter are bothe Australian citizens and my husband lived there for many years .Could you tell me more about the Schools for the kids and the different areas to live in .We have 4 children from 1-14 years .Thanks for the post it makes me feel better about going to a place I have never seen.
CORDI
Old Jan 30th 2004, 3:45 pm
Emz
Just Joined

Emz is on a distinguished road

Hi Barb,

GREAT to hear someone being so positive about Adelaide! We've just applied - so it'll be a while for us - but hopefully we'll be there soon!

Keep smiling!

Emz
Old Jan 30th 2004, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

jacksoo is on a distinguished road

Looking to emigrate and thinking of Adelaide - great to hear so many positives. Lived near San Francisco for many years and looking for some place in Aus that offers similar life style - anyone here visited San Francisco and give feedback re life in Adelaide v San Fran and Nth California?
Old Jan 30th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant futurejeannie has a brilliant future

Sue...you should pop over and join Adelaide Brits...several are from Yorkshire...in fact nearly all of them are northerners...

Only me and one other couple from the south. (i think)

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaideb...hp?showforum=1

if you need any help we have started a help and info group and there will be a website up and running very soon.

What a great idea and what a great help.... (great is my favorite word )..... in fact Adelaide looks like the place to go if it were my choice........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.