Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide Hills etc

Adelaide Hills etc

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:51 am
Just Joined

adelaide dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Adelaide Hills etc

Just joined been here since sept 06 from brum got a small circle of good freinds from brum , leeds , oz ect.. anybody live near hawthorndene.
i was 40 last x mas got two sprogs 13 and 10 at blackwood school.. and wifey kim is 38
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide Hills etc

I'm 40 this september and arrived in Adelaide last October, 4 kids that I know of. Am looking to buy soon in Aberfoyle Park area.

Manchester originally.

Cheers,
Ian
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we sent our 136 visa off last week and according to our DHL tracking it arrived at the Adeliade processing centre today so now the wait begins, unfortunately we missed the cut off date before the fee increase but what the heck so long as we are accepted.

Me and the family OH 42 an engineer, me a 40 yr old nurse and 4 children who are 17, 14, 11 and 6 and we will be heading to Adelaide hopefully before the end of the year but that depends on the speed of the visa processing at the moment.

Considering the ages of the children and we need to get jobs, they (at least 3 of them)need good schools, where would people suggest we look for rental accomodation to begin with? The children are quite active, swimming,gymnastics etc and one daughter plays rugby at high level and they like a social circle of friends with things to do, rather a long wish list I know but thats what comes with having 4 children.

Any advise would be welcome
Helen
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:48 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by boothy6
Hi we sent our 136 visa off last week and according to our DHL tracking it arrived at the Adeliade processing centre today so now the wait begins, unfortunately we missed the cut off date before the fee increase but what the heck so long as we are accepted.

Me and the family OH 42 an engineer, me a 40 yr old nurse and 4 children who are 17, 14, 11 and 6 and we will be heading to Adelaide hopefully before the end of the year but that depends on the speed of the visa processing at the moment.

Considering the ages of the children and we need to get jobs, they (at least 3 of them)need good schools, where would people suggest we look for rental accomodation to begin with? The children are quite active, swimming,gymnastics etc and one daughter plays rugby at high level and they like a social circle of friends with things to do, rather a long wish list I know but thats what comes with having 4 children.

Any advise would be welcome
Helen
there's lots of people here like you..including me and my family....... visit http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
you will find loads....all with different stories. i live here and i am happy most of the time.....
Helen[/QUOTE]
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

doje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of lightdoje6863 is a glorious beacon of light

Can I join please? Jeff (engineer) me Nurse and our two girls 12 and 14 come to Adelaide on the 3rd September. Eight weeks to go, scary. Would love to join your sub group as we have no job or home yet, so would welcome any info. I have made contact with RDNS and we are waiting to hear about accom on arrival, hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about.

donna
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

boothy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by why
there's lots of people here like you..including me and my family....... visit http://z2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits
you will find loads....all with different stories. i live here and i am happy most of the time.....
Helen
[/QUOTE]
thank you
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 12:44 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by doje6863
Can I join please? Jeff (engineer) me Nurse and our two girls 12 and 14 come to Adelaide on the 3rd September. Eight weeks to go, scary. Would love to join your sub group as we have no job or home yet, so would welcome any info. I have made contact with RDNS and we are waiting to hear about accom on arrival, hopefully that will be one less thing to worry about.

donna
there are so many people coming here just like you and lots here now. in the past few weeks a have met three new arrivals, they were all a bit shell shocked at first but doing well. they are feeling the cold though and will miss having a summer, you are coming at a good time. nursing is very different here but just go with the flow, there;s a whole gang of nurses, you will meet them .visit the other site it is more individual for you, good luck....
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
If you are looking for a good rugby club about 20 mins from Blackwood
have a look here
http://onkas.rugbynet.com.au/

Liz
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

chippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to allchippie74 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by doje6863

donna
hi:- we land a day before yourselfs 2nd sept..same again no job or home as yet!!!! thats the fun of it i think!!!! cnt wait
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

There is coffee morning BE meet up in Adelaide tomorrow from 9.30 outside star bucks coffee shop opposite the Mayer center in Rundle Mall.
If any of you interested to come.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457274

Farideh
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
There is coffee morning BE meet up in Adelaide tomorrow from 9.30 outside star bucks coffee shop opposite the Mayer center in Rundle Mall.
If any of you interested to come.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457274

Farideh

We'll be the ones holding onto the tables for dear life so the wind can't blow us away.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
We'll be the ones holding onto the tables for dear life so the wind can't blow us away.
Bloody hell - no one told me Adelaide would be this cold!!!!!Me and Lou are coming tomorrow, if we can dig the snow from our front door up in the hills!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:00 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Brollies and macs needed too. Big thunder storm going on here right now...

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by Wendy
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:02 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to be back online eh Nick?

Originally Posted by Nick11
Bloody hell - no one told me Adelaide would be this cold!!!!!Me and Lou are coming tomorrow, if we can dig the snow from our front door up in the hills!!!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 11:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11

It won't last long don't worry. Only about another 6 weeks of winter left

Welcome to Adelaide

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.