Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide here we come!

Adelaide here we come!

Old Sep 8th 2007, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

skyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud ofskyblue has much to be proud of
Default Re: Adelaide here we come!

Hi,

need your advice regarding broadband internet and how to set it up. Can I ask which provider you are with and do I really need to get connected with a home phone as I really dont need or want one ?

If I have to have a phone line, do you recommend Telstra or Optus ?

Cheers,
Ian.

Originally Posted by ellie10990
congrats on your new house.wE live in flagstaff too,been here 6 months,its a lovely area
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:12 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
'Adelaidebrits' and friendly
Didnt know those two words went together in a sentence!!

Have to say it is a good site just very very very bitchy!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 1:16 pm
A Returning Member!!

Sham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to beholdSham Williams is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by skyblue
Hi,

need your advice regarding broadband internet and how to set it up. Can I ask which provider you are with and do I really need to get connected with a home phone as I really dont need or want one ?

If I have to have a phone line, do you recommend Telstra or Optus ?

Cheers,
Ian.
I wouldnt recommend either I would however recommend with Virgin or AAPT!! We are with AAPT, and have had no problems at all, a decent speed for a decent price!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sham Williams
Didnt know those two words went together in a sentence!!

Have to say it is a good site just very very very bitchy!!
That's what I found, if you put something in & half of them didnt know about it they turn on you, I've found them very, very, very bitchy too.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

ellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to allellie10990 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
That's what I found, if you put something in & half of them didnt know about it they turn on you, I've found them very, very, very bitchy too.
agree,also very clicky.so if youre not one of the "IN" crowd???
Old Sep 9th 2007, 12:07 am
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Adelaidebrits goes through phases. There has been quite a lot of bitchiness recently as there have been quite a few not so nice folk on there. However, these types come and go and the core of people who've been around for ages are very friendly.

Lou
xx

Originally Posted by ellie10990
agree,also very clicky.so if youre not one of the "IN" crowd???
Old Sep 9th 2007, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Well good choice! Adelaide is ace! I love it here!

We're leaving at xmas to go back to UK - was always the plan.. here for a year etc

Do you want to rent a house by the sea instead! lol It'll be up for grabs and is fully furnished and lovely! we'll be leaving in the first week of Dec.

I had some pictures of it on my blog somewhere hang on....

eerrm...

here!
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:00 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by chris and farideh

yes i have found this a bit too, more sarcy than anything lol
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
yes i have found this a bit too, more sarcy than anything lol

Glad it's not just me then
Old Sep 9th 2007, 1:45 pm
In New Yorshire

tyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud oftyke has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Wendy
Glad it's not just me then

Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

wendy w will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Well good choice! Adelaide is ace! I love it here!

We're leaving at xmas to go back to UK - was always the plan.. here for a year etc

Do you want to rent a house by the sea instead! lol It'll be up for grabs and is fully furnished and lovely! we'll be leaving in the first week of Dec.

I had some pictures of it on my blog somewhere hang on....

eerrm...

here!
Thank you for the offer. We have accepted a rental in Flagstaff, cant wait to get there - 4 weeks and counting.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! You're organised! have you been here before then and checked it all out?

On the broadband front.. We're with internode. OH works from home and has to communicate with officein the UK online so we need something really reliable and fast. It's been pretty darn fabulous!

And we're with Telstra for the phone

don't forget to get yourself a phone that does both Aussie landline and Skype! I can't imagine how much money we've saved over the past year paying nothing to call the uk! We've even got ourselves a Skype in number. It's a UK 0121 number (birmingham) so our firends and rellies can call that and only get charge the rate they would in the UK to call Brum. It gets sent down through the ninny net and connects to us in Oz. Allowing them to call us (time difference allowing) for no extra cost than it did when we were back in the UK! ACE!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 7:59 am
Just Joined

wendy w will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mochinbach
Wow! You're organised! have you been here before then and checked it all out?

On the broadband front.. We're with internode. OH works from home and has to communicate with officein the UK online so we need something really reliable and fast. It's been pretty darn fabulous!

And we're with Telstra for the phone

don't forget to get yourself a phone that does both Aussie landline and Skype! I can't imagine how much money we've saved over the past year paying nothing to call the uk! We've even got ourselves a Skype in number. It's a UK 0121 number (birmingham) so our firends and rellies can call that and only get charge the rate they would in the UK to call Brum. It gets sent down through the ninny net and connects to us in Oz. Allowing them to call us (time difference allowing) for no extra cost than it did when we were back in the UK! ACE!
We went over in May/June to check the area out. We drove round many suburbs, visited schools and OH went to job agencies as well.

Thanks for the info about the phone.