Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide help please?

Adelaide help please?

Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:14 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Adelaide help please?

Hi, has anyone used the On Arrival Accommadation and meet and greet Service that the South Australian Government offer to certain visa holders?

If so, was it ok?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

xRachx
Old Jul 5th 2006, 11:20 pm
Just Me

RodMac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide help please?

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch
Hi, has anyone used the On Arrival Accommadation and meet and greet Service that the South Australian Government offer to certain visa holders?

If so, was it ok?

xRachx

You will find more info here http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index.php?

Tracey
Old Jul 6th 2006, 12:28 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RodMac
You will find more info here http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/index.php?

Tracey
Thanks, but I find it a bit too yellow - -not as pleasing on the eye as BE!!!!

xRachx

p.s i'm only on a little laptop (shippers tomorrow) and i think it would blow up if it had to cope with that site - -it's good but i wish they'd change the bloody background!!!!
Old Jul 6th 2006, 1:27 am
Forum Regular

nickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the roughnickos12 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rach,
we couldnt get OAA but used the meet and greet service.
You have to apply 4 weeks before you leave.(to sa immigration) You may be lucky and get some accom but there isnt loads available. Meet and greet is a good service

Liz
Old Jul 6th 2006, 4:32 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough

Hiya

We didnt get the OAA either, but I know a few who have got it and were glad to have the cheap accomodation for the first while. Theres good & bad stories about the accomodation, but it all depends on which one you get. I personally think its a great idea, house to go to on first arrival, cheap rent, a base for the first month or two until you sort yourselves out.

Just remember that theres a lot of people not getting it due to the increased numbers at the moment. have a back up plan.. as we got left in the lurch with only 7 days to go!

K
Old Jul 6th 2006, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

paka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant futurepaka has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ladywithatorch

If so, was it ok?

xRachx
Hi , friend of ours had the accom with the meet & greet , they stayed in it for two weeks,but said it wasn't up to much.Also there was a few robberies (break ins),in the accoms due to outsiders knowing it was new arrivals with money on them.
There are plenty of cheep furnished apartments to rent,they do deals on the longer you stay.