Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Adelaide the graveyard of Australia...

Adelaide the graveyard of Australia...

Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future
Default Adelaide the graveyard of Australia...

I've been told that on an evening there is NOTHING to do in Adelaide.

Not talking night clubs but wondered if there is somewhere to let you hair down, similiar to O'Neills?? Bar with dance area...

I've been told everywhere closes at 9pm, there are no such things as family pubs and that couples, as a general rule of thumb, would rather have a night in then the occassional night out, unlike me and Mrs Bill.

All comments welcomed, good and bad.

Thanks

Bill
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Adelaide the graveyard of Australia...

Originally Posted by BillBart1

Not talking night clubs but wondered if there is somewhere to let you hair down, similiar to O'Neills?? Bar with dance area...

I've been told everywhere closes at 9pm, there are no such things as family pubs and that couples, as a general rule of thumb, would rather have a night in then the occassional night out, unlike me and Mrs Bill.

Thanks

Bill
have you discovered the forum "Adelaidebrits" yet mate? i cant remember the actual web addy but i will try and find it for you .....
Old Dec 28th 2005, 1:59 pm
Account Closed

http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/

there you go!!!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

BillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant futureBillBart1 has a brilliant future

Thanks Rooksie I do visit there occassionally.

It's a very good site and full of valuable information but it can be a little bit too fluffy and rosie at times and I want to hear all points of view, good and bad.

Bill
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:08 pm
Account Closed

Thanks Rooksie I do visit there occassionally.

It's a very good site and full of valuable information but it can be a little bit too fluffy and rosie at times and I want to hear all points of view, good and bad.

Bill

i think wengerboy is in adelaide mate and im sure there are heaps of others!! good luck
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be there one day soon I hope
Old Dec 28th 2005, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marco121068
I'll be there one day soon I hope

i thought you were headed that way mate. we were originally on STNI and it sounded absolutely wonderful
Old Dec 28th 2005, 5:43 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks

Bill
Hi Bill here is a link to nightlife in Adelaide I noticed an irish bar on the list, hope its of some use

http://www.adelaide.citysearch.com.a...sort=rank-desc

check out the cocktail/wine bars too the Elysium Lounge looks good and open late everynight!

Possoms

Last edited by possoms; Dec 28th 2005 at 5:51 pm.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks

Bill
Hi

We are heading there, I found this website with loads of info about S A. We ordered an info pack which came today, and it looks lovely and not short of stuff to do etc. here is the link

http://www.southaustralia.biz/move/register.htm

well worth a look.

Hope this helps
Wendy x
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:21 pm
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

Thanks

Bill
Been there once....was a bit grim!! Not for me at all.....
but each to their own.....some like it!
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:29 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Got one mate there already and one moving in a few weeks .
The one who is there already has been there almost 3 years now and loves it to bits
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

MistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the rough

Thanks

Bill
We have been in Adelaide for 10 months and can say that nearly everyone we know would rather stay in once married. We ventured out and when we mentioned we had been out for the evening it was met with lots of oh how come and haven't done that for years. I think Adelaide is not for those with any interest in any sort of night life. I would consider looking at either Melbourne or elsewhere in Australia.
Old Dec 28th 2005, 7:59 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

I was there 3 years ago and had a nice thai meal till nearly midnight then went across the road to a bar for drinks , it was midweek and not far from the shopping centre/main street .
Old Dec 28th 2005, 8:12 pm
Forum Regular

MistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the roughMistySunshine is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Perthforme
I was there 3 years ago and had a nice thai meal till nearly midnight then went across the road to a bar for drinks , it was midweek and not far from the shopping centre/main street .
Yes you can go to a nice restaurant and there are many but if you want a vibrant nightlife then I would re-consider. We have been living here and find that speaking to Adelaidians they say Adelaide is more like a country town not a big city and therefore the nightlife reflects this.
Old Dec 29th 2005, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info.

Conflicting so far but I wanted different points of view.

I hope you and hubby still venture out when you get the chance mistysunshine, they were probably more jealous then shocked. From what I hear of the TV not much worth staying in for!

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.